Subaru 15208AA160 and Mazda N3R1-14-302 cut open and compared

I don’t trust that fiber end cap and in this day and age it’s uncalled for. Even a carbon composite like a Walmart Supertech filter works better.
Just no need. Maybe 20 years ago but this is 2020’s.
I prefer no end cap at all but at least they don’t separate. There’s also no technical reason not to use them.

I prefer no end cap at all but at least they don’t separate. There’s also no technical reason not to use them.
Yes but there’s no technical data as to why have them either. While Fuji Industry is smaller than most vs Toyota Honda Mazda. There’s no need for it. If you had no end caps your oil wouldn’t get filtered. Also the paper element actually does come off before it’s saturated. Don’t know if you’ve ever looked at your dipstick and seen small fibers. That’s element of either end cap material or filter media.
It’s safe to say Subaru obviously went cost saving when making that filter vs Tokyo Roki. So why use minimum.
Like I said if you’d like a blue filter free of charge. I’ll gladly send it to you just PM me and pay shipping of your choice. I’ll even vacuum seal it again in its own bag. To many better filters out there than having to use this.

I know there’s folks that extend their filters like a cult following but would anyone really put 7500-10,000 miles on one. Being how small they are.
My GSXR600 has a bigger filter media and that’s concerning to me that Subaru filters are so small. Hence the high bypass pressure.

Do you know how no-end cap filters are constructed?

And I don’t want your filter. Thanks.
No I don’t never actually thought to look at one nor heard of one. I’m sure separating the two chambers with an inlet and outlet (suction/discharge) isn’t to hard to engineer.
Ok on the filter. I know blues seem to be hard to find so just making an offer to ease worry if your a diehard stock filter user.

So you're saying that the Toyota filters with no end caps are letting dirty oil through the media? Have you investigated how those open pleat ends are sealed? It's been discussed many times here.
I’m new to forum Ohh HOLY ONE so I’ll do my best to catch up on endless oil filters but like stated if you read responses vs answering. You’d see what I said below.

I’m new to forum Ohh HOLY ONE so I’ll do my best to catch up on endless oil filters but like stated if you read responses vs answering. You’d see what I said below.
Just sounds like you're making wild claims, like filters with no end caps means "the oil won't be filtered". Just trying to figure out what you're saying and if you actually know what you're talking about.

1668474145360.jpg

Back