stuck "\" key?

When I restart. I thought it was the keyboard because I would slam it down on the desk a few times, and it would stop the "\"
Anywhere there was a place to type, it went "\"
New Keyboard, no joy. Even un-plugged the Keyboard and still "\"
Someone said drivers, but according to Amazon it's plug and play no drivers needed.
Do I need some sort of repair program?

Seriously though... did you reboot? You could also try booting from a bootable Linux distro and see if it still does the same. If it does, it's something with the hardware, if it doesn't it's Windows.

I thought it was the keyboard because I would slam it down on the desk a few times, and it would stop the "\"

New Keyboard, no joy. Even un-plugged the Keyboard and still "\"
Something is missing here.... If slamming the keyboard stopped it, it's a hardware issue. Then you replace the keyboard entirely and it still happens. No way.... Keyboard unplugged and the character still appear ?

I think "Sticky Keys" was on. Read somewhere to make sure sticky keys wasn't on.
I'll let you know if it's OK in a week or so.

Still doing it though!
But only after a shut down and then restart, or.................. regular restart, you know? ticking on restart in the windows start menu option.
Now, to work around it, or get out of It, I am no longer slamming the new keyboard down.
If I control/Alt/delete>change user>re-tick on my nane when it pops up= good to go till next restart.

It would be nice to find the Fix, but if I don't it's not too awful like it is.
BTY Win 7 64 bit, HP 2010 computer from circa 2008 I know my system is no longer supported my Bill..... lol

It would be nice to find the Fix, but if I don't it's not too awful like it is.
BTY Win 7 64 bit, HP 2010 computer from circa 2008 I know my system is no longer supported my Bill..... lol
I wonder if this "\" sticky-key stuff only occurs when your Dial-Up internet gets bombarded by too many Party-Line phone calls.

Windows 8 is obviously in your near-future. Find Santa greeting kids at the nearest Mall and sit on his lap crying for one.
That trick always worked for me. Used it till I turned 54. That's when my hair turned whiter than his and he chased me to the Mall-exit's sliding doors.

I wonder if this "\" sticky-key stuff only occurs when your Dial-Up internet gets bombarded by too many Party-Line phone calls.

Windows 8 is obviously in your near-future. Find Santa greeting kids at the nearest Mall and sit on his lap crying for one.
That trick always worked for me. Used it till I turned 54. That's when my hair turned whiter than his and he chased me to the Mall-exit's sliding doors.
I don't know. I have Xfinity or would that be the same thing?
Not on regular phone company dial up any longer.

Back