stuck "\" key?

no it ended at the beginning of this year.. I think he's just screwing around with ya..🤪
Oh. It was a funny thing to update to something no longer supported because I'm already running something that's no longer supported. Why does everybody think just cuz it's no longer supported that that is the issue?
They quit making the Grand Prix. So if something's wrong with my grand prix does that mean because they stopped making it?

Oh. It was a funny thing to update to something no longer supported because I'm already running something that's no longer supported. Why does everybody think just cuz it's no longer supported that that is the issue?
They quit making the Grand Prix. So if something's wrong with my grand prix does that mean because they stopped making it?
When an OS is unsupported it does NOT receive security patches for **newly-discovered** vulnerabilities. This is very, very, very unwise.

And the worst thing that could happen is I get a virus and I have to reinstall Windows correct?
Or buy a new computer?

yup.. unsupported has nothing to do with why the system is acting odd with the / key repeating itself. You're 100% correct. The fear mongering is just to sell more operating systems, but wait til someone mentions getting linux, all hell will break loose! lol..

if you did get a virus it could hack into other accounts, such as it has a keylogger that records what your ID/password is to BITOG, or other sites you access. Things like that.. But a virus scanner would catch that, even an operating system that's unsupported, as long as the virus scanner has the latest virus definitions it should catch anything out there. I like how people want to claim that their system is the "most up to date" from the OS supplier, doesn't mean it's 100% protected.. wait until the next week and they discover ANOTHER vulnerability within the operating system that they never knew about! Nothing is perfect. You can only do so much to protect yourself online.

I haven't had the time to look into it completely, but I was thinking maybe your user profile is corrupt. You mentioned logging back in as yourself/your profile and then it stops the keyboard repeating characters. Try adding a new user profile, that will of course give you a blank desktop, but.. See if the keyboard problem keeps happening there, it would prove that it might be a corrupt user profile.

Jessie Colter with Vince Gill! Also the Country singer guitar player from Australia, I forget his name ATM. (Keith Urban!)
I basically grew up listening to Waylon and Jessie, Willie, Hank Williams Jr, Johnny Cash! and all of them guys, well probably starting around 1977 when I started getting into country.
My mother and step dad basically got me into country!

Dumb @$$l am, forgot to attach it.
lt won't let me attach it, I'll find it on YouTube in a bit.

And the worst thing that could happen is I get a virus and I have to reinstall Windows correct?
Or buy a new computer?
No. This is mostly incorrect. Security vulnerabilities have absolutely zero to do with viruses in the way they intrude on your system. A virus is literally just a normal application that does stuff you do not want, done without your knowledge or consent; but still instantiated by you (i.e. clicking on the malicious attachment in an email). A security vulnerability allows a bad actor to assume some measure of control over your system and its data **without** your involvement. Anti-virus software and the patches that are issued by an OS developer are entirely mutually exclusive.

The worst thing that can happen is that your system is used by a bad actor to compromise someone else's system. Or use your system to process illegal data. Or, as a virus might, take your data and use that to compromise your life. A virus may well do all of these things as well; but can be mitigated first by common sense (e.g. don't click the suspicious attachment or the thing that suspicious web site downloaded to your system), secondly by anti-virus software monitoring your system in real-time. An unpatched vulnerability is like an unlocked door or open window.

Unlike a vehicle for which parts are no longer made or for which the warranty has expired, operating systems routinely (read: relentlessly) have new stuff found in the way of vulnerabilities. Once an OS reaches its End Of Life it no longer receives patches that fix these newly-found vulnerabilities.

have you tried booting into safe mode to see if it does it?
you can also remove all keyboards under device manager.
SOS booting in save mode!

Needed more memory anyways, Remove 2 GB stick! & Replace with a 10 GB stick.
Cleaned small bit of dirt from system towers guts!
So I have Re-Started easily 11 times and have *NOT* had to switch users one time. It's Ok now though!
R&R memory stick and vacuumed out a small bit of dirt out of the guts!
Dirt making it run hot, memory not seated well, bad/dirty connection, IDK ATM!
But It's Ok now though!

Jessie Colter with Vince Gill! Also the Country singer guitar player from Australia, I forget his name ATM. (Keith Urban!)
I basically grew up listening to Waylon and Jessie, Willie, Hank Williams Jr, Johnny Cash! and all of them guys, well probably starting around 1977 when I started getting into country.
My mother and step dad basically got me into country!
Sorry, must 0 been wrong post.

The key can get stuck on a keyboard with a mechanical switch, for example, when the torsion bar under the ley becomes unhooked. You can pop off the key cap and take a look if something looks off. The typical membrane switch that you find in cheap keyboards on most laptops can mechanically wear out and fail.

The key can get stuck on a keyboard with a mechanical switch, for example, when the torsion bar under the ley becomes unhooked. You can pop off the key cap and take a look if something looks off. The typical membrane switch that you find in cheap keyboards on most laptops can mechanically wear out and fail.
Yes!!!!
But No! Unplugging the keyboard had NO effect on the "stuck key"
I guess the title should O been "Stuck key, But Not Stuck Key!

There are malicious USB devices which infect a computer by simulating a keyboard and sending keystrokes instead of (or alongside) what they are supposed to do such as being a memory stick.

There are malicious USB devices which infect a computer by simulating a keyboard and sending keystrokes instead of (or alongside) what they are supposed to do such as being a memory stick.
So Just run something like Spy-Bott or the like, or is the infection too sophisticated to find?
It's been working a treat though since memory up-grade and light cleaning inside. It wasn't too dirty inside.

Back