Struck Me Odd

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
Out in my truck just now and had to get some gas.
Place was a ghost town. Six rows of pumps and just me.
I get out open up my gas cap and run my card and grab the pump and as I turn
all other lanes are empty but now I have one joker in a CRV waiting behind me.
Really????????
When I pump gas and someone is behind me I have an urgency and waste no time.
Today I went about my business and refused to get my heart rate up. Stupid people!

Why is it of your concern? You assumed he needed or should get gas as fast as possible; Perhaps not a requirement for him @ the time or he was dealing with another issue.

Why is it of your concern? You assumed he needed or should get gas as fast as possible; Perhaps not a requirement for him @ the time or he was dealing with another issue.
Because it makes no sense except to you which is okay.
If he pulls that same trick late at night under the same situation it could end badly for him.

Maybe he was on autopilot?

You say you didn't want to get your heart rate up, but posting on here means it bothered you all the same.

Maybe the guy is superstitious and pumps at the same pump all the time.

Many people are clueless. Same at Costco, some people only go to the rows which have the pumps on the same side of the gas cap, although the hoses are extra long and they can move around and pump from the other side.

You should have sat in your car for 5 more minutes and checked your phone to PO the person off ;-), or popped the hood and say, shoot my battery is dead. Sorry buddy.... lol

I like certain pumps myself, but I am sure not going to wait for one....

Maybe they were just finishing a phone conversation with a loved one?

Maybe he was on autopilot?

You say you didn't want to get your heart rate up, but posting on here means it bothered you all the same.
It didn't at all. Here it is for conversation purposes.
You guys love to go way out and respond with nonsense.
That is why I enjoy this place.
Say the sky is blue and you get 300 unrelated garbage posts... lol

I wonder if maybe it's like here lately. Yesterday HEB only had two pumps open, and there was only me and another customer. But both pumps were on either side of the gas pump island. He might've been a total ding dong and thought yours was the only one functional. Or maybe he's one of those "sheeple" and is a total follower and was like "yeah man I'll use that pump!!" sort've like you paved the way for him or something. I see people like that all the time. That would've only made me take even longer on purpose haha. I would've made sure I got every last drop of gas, then waited patiently for my receipt, then maybe squeegeed my windows, cleaned out any trash (which I never have), popped the hood and checked all fluids, maybe checked tire pressure. Then maybe re-tied my shoes. Get in my car finally and fix my hair, make sure my seat belt is nice and comfy, adjust the seat, the steering, scan my fave radio songs looking for that perfect driving song. :D

Places have been a ghost town in my area for over a year lol. And now with gas prices on the rise the gas stations are quiet. At least the one I stop at to get my sodas everyday have been as far as gas goes. The truck normally fills them up twice a week now he is doing it maybe once. And since I can’t bring myself to use regular gas ⛽️. I have to pay lots more 💴.

Places have been a ghost town in my area for over a year lol. And now with gas prices on the rise the gas stations are quiet. At least the one I stop at to get my sodas everyday have been as far as gas goes. The truck normally fills them up twice a week now he is doing it maybe once. And since I can’t bring myself to use regular gas ⛽️. I have to pay lots more 💴.
Sadly big oil has found a way to counteract price drops in a bad economy... They limit production.
Same here Blake. Maybe its good.

Back