Street Paint Removal

One of my cars has some road paint on it. I know when it happened but didn't know about it until well after the fact so there's nothing I could do to get the contractor to clean it up. It came from driving on a road that they were spraying the lines on and it's over spray from that. It's not a lot of it but I was wondering what would be the best thing to get it off with. In years past I've used a little gasoline on a rag to remove road tar without any problems and was wondering if that would be a good choice for the paint removal. I'd also thought about trying diesel or kerosene thinking the oiliness in them might help prevent any scratching. I'm not a detailer so if I'm on the wrong track let me know what is the best thing to use. It's not really noticeable unless you're looking really close so I've left it alone and it's now been on the car for a couple years.

acetone. you can dillute it with water and try that first. Wax any areas you hit afterwords. That's what the pro's use.

I've used Technician's Choice TEC307 Traffic Paint Remover in the past. It works very well. It's kind of like a gel so it doesn't run easily.

Back