Strange stickers on my BMW headlights

These stickers were on my '16 BMW 535 headlights when I bought it recently. My googling so far indicates they may have been used for gated community access at some point. I have no clue. Any idea what they are, and whether they can/should be removed?
IMG_20231015_175532708_HDR.jpg
IMG_20231015_175520269_HDR.jpg

Its weird one is one the right side and one on the left, its almost like there is a pass in and an pass out...

Most car washes (and tolling for that matter) puts then on the windshield, wothtet tore of tag usually the bottom left.

The one on the right looks a lot like a peach pass but unless the instructions have changed since i had one it wont work in that location...

I peeled off the driver's side sticker. The soft part of the sticker came off, leaving the glue behind. That appears to be some heavy duty stuff. Looking into whether I can use Goo Gone to remove it.

What about something like vinegar? It cleans well and I don't think it would melt plastic.. Could always research that too..
This weekend, I'm going to use some gentle heat and see how much progress I can make without using anything else. I've looked into vinegar and that looks like a possible candidate, too. I'll report back after I've got it done to let you all know what worked/didn't.

This weekend, I'm going to use some gentle heat and see how much progress I can make without using anything else. I've looked into vinegar and that looks like a possible candidate, too. I'll report back after I've got it done to let you all know what worked/didn't.
OK sounds good.. I also saw that baking soda mixed with water can clean plastic without damage. Be interesting to hear your report when you're done..

Problem solved. Stickers and leftover adhesive gone. First I removed the outer layer of the sticker, which leaves behind all of the nasty glue. I have no idea what this glue is, but it is heavy duty stuff. First I tried vinegar on the leftover adhesive with no effect whatsoever.
1st picture shows the leftover sticker adhesive.
2nd picture is the finished product.
3rd picture shows the secret weapon 🤯, that when applied to the adhesive and rubbed vigorously with a blue shop towel, removed the adhesive.
IMG_20231021_093851474_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231021_103607174_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231021_103637521_HDR.jpg

Back