Strange noise observation

Status
Not open for further replies.
My daily driver is a Ford Expedition with a 5.4L with 188,000 moles on it. I have mostly used motorcraft or mobil products over the years with some store brands mixed in as sales or need arised. My last oil change at 185,000 I used Napa premium performance syn blend 5w20 and a Napa Gold filter. I had the usual 5.4L start up rattle and hot idle phaser knock like always. Now after about 3,000 miles on this oil change, there is no noise at startup at all. The idle is quite and smooth. I've run this oil before and not noticed anything different but this time the engine seems to be getting quieter.

Originally Posted by mpgo4th
My daily driver is a Ford Expedition with a 5.4L with 188,000 moles on it.

Remarkable how your Expedition can even move with 38 metric tonnes of warm fuzzy animals on it! HoHoHo, Merry Christmas!
smile.gif

My daily driver is a Ford Expedition with a 5.4L with 188,000 moles on it. I have mostly used motorcraft or mobil products over the years with some store brands mixed in as sales or need arised. My last oil change at 185,000 I used Napa premium performance syn blend 5w20 and a Napa Gold filter. I had the usual 5.4L start up rattle and hot idle phaser knock like always. Now after about 3,000 miles on this oil change, there is no noise at startup at all. The idle is quite and smooth. I've run this oil before and not noticed anything different but this time the engine seems to be getting quieter.

I would keep using that combination

Originally Posted by NO2
My daily driver is a Ford Expedition with a 5.4L with 188,000 moles on it.

Remarkable how your Expedition can even move with 38 metric tonnes of warm fuzzy animals on it! HoHoHo, Merry Christmas!
smile.gif

...‚

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back