Straight Talk Wireless @ Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was always told that my ST sim card was locked to the phone. ST is tracfone and my phone says Tracfone when I power it on. I will try to put it in another phone just to see if it works.

Originally Posted By: spk2000
I was always told that my ST sim card was locked to the phone. ST is tracfone and my phone says Tracfone when I power it on. I will try to put it in another phone just to see if it works.

If the phones you are going to put your SIM in are unlocked and you have a ST SIM you should be able to put it in and use.

I know Tracfone is owned by the company behind ST and they share some phones and SIMs but ST SIMs are not tied to the phones as Tracfone SIMs are.

Originally Posted By: Kuato

How does the Straight Talk mobile hotspot work, does anyone have it or suggest options?

I had two and they worked poorly in the locations I needed them.

One mysteriously used 4 gb of data overnight. Customer service was of zero help, their only solution was to buy more data - couldn't say where the first bunch went.

Refreshing the data allotment as often as not required another lengthy call to customer service.

I dumped them on ebay after about six weeks, and would not use them again.

so you can get a 4g or 3g verizon smartphone, and put it on the page plus network for very cheap.

I have an iphone 4s on there and it is 30 bucks per month, maybe 39 I forget.

They use the verizon towers and you get verizon service.

Been using straight talk for about 3 years now. No real complaints. Cheap flip phone battery lasts about 12-18 months. Don't need a stupid smart phone with a bunch of garbage on it that I'll never use. Cheap is good. $30 a month for 1500 minute's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back