STP S-2808 CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off the girlfriends grandmas car. 2011 Hyundai Sonata with 2.4 I believe 4cylinder engine. Had this and unknown oil for 4,000 miles. Replaced with Magnatec 5w30 blend and a Tough Guard 9688. Enjoy pictures and first digit in date code I don't know what it is. Purolator made filter also

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, and the "louvers" are "open". OMG!
crazy2.gif
shocked2.gif

Originally Posted By: car51
Enjoy pictures and first digit in date code I don't know what it is. Purolator made filter also.

Yep, Purolator date code format ... 5/5/2016.

Interesting in that this AZ STP S2808 is an M&HPuro made filter. That would be similar to the AZ STP anecdote posted here from the western part of the US awhile ago. I just looked at the S2808 in AZ last week, here it's still a fram filtration made filter similar to the orange can. Others like the 6607 are still Champ made. Have to keep checking locally as perhaps AZ is gradually moving all STPs to M&HPuro.

This one looks ok at 4k miles, louvers and all. For a value low end tier filter, looks to have gotten the job done.

Thanks for c&p.

Originally Posted By: THafeez
looks a little wavy, but it held up! thanks for the c&p

What causes the waviness, and is it something to be concerned about? I'm guessing the filter media swells when soaked with oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back