STP Ceramic oil treatment

hbn??? has its good and bad in an oil. I wonder if it is similar to the other companies selling these addiives.... Liquimoly, Rislone, Archoil, Wagner, Motorsilk... and God only knows how many others...

Funny that after the Dupont Teflon/PTFE complaints, they sold a Dupont Teflon oil additive. I guess those at Dupont were pissed that Slick50, Tufoil,..... were making a ton of money and didn't want the "teflon" name on their bottles. Yes, Dupont sold a motor oil additive with teflon, akin to all the snake oils that they were slandering.

hbn??? has its good and bad in an oil. I wonder if it is similar to the other companies selling these addiives.... Liquimoly, Rislone, Archoil, Wagner, Motorsilk... and God only knows how many others...

Funny that after the Dupont Teflon/PTFE complaints, they sold a Dupont Teflon oil additive. I guess those at Dupont were pissed that Slick50, Tufoil,..... were making a ton of money and didn't want the "teflon" name on their bottles. Yes, Dupont sold a motor oil additive with teflon, akin to all the snake oils that they were slandering.
It's all about the $$$

Another useless white graphite concoction. If someone is going to use snake oil then why go with fakes get the real deal. It is not better or worse than this crap or LM. LOL

View attachment 46567

View attachment 46568
OMG I remember that crap! I actually ordered that from JC Whitney waaayyyyy back in the day as a teenager with my 1st car which had a worn motor. I tried it pellets and all LOL to no avail.

Oh yeah Frank it was for many years, that has to be one of the originals.
If I dig hard enough I might be able to find it in a Hot Rod magazine from the late 1960's. IIRC it might be in there too. LOL

What was the product that DuPont sold directly for this use? Assuming that is correct then the reason they stopped was they too realized there was no place for this substance in motor oil.

Teflon was a wandering soul for many years, another one of those solutions looking for a problem. Much like lasers at the time everyone was looking for some excuse to use this technology and it was dumped into every conceivable product. If you lived back in that time period it was everywhere and every manufacturer of every thing was trying to use the space-age Teflon in their product whether it had any real benefit or not.

Today we have nano-particles and buckyballs and graphene all vying for the same plethora of useless compounds, all wowing the misinformed with their breathless and unsubstantiated claims of superiority.

Seriously, what legitimate advantage could ceramic in any form have for an engine? And like someone else said, seems like that would be about like adding sand to the engine.

Opps...🤣🤣🤣

20210203_174205.jpg

Seriously....

Why do we have a oil additive section??

It always seems like any product is instantly and always and completely trashed.

Maybe we should call this section...

"The trash section". or

"The money burning section" or

"The morons wasting money section" or

"The garbage corporation section" or

"The snake in a can section" or

"The low IQ additive users section"

I believe some additives can work in certain cases.

And most are hot garbage... Though not all are that.

Seriously....

Why do we have a oil additive section??

It always seems like any product is instantly and always and completely trashed.

"The trash section". or

I believe some additives can work in certain cases.

And most are hot garbage... Though not all are that.
This sub-forum....

dumpsterfire2.jpg

Got a can of it a couple days ago nearly free and poured it in my CR-V, because I didn't want to open a new quart of oil just to use 10oz of it. So this went in as top off. Just now remembered that I added it, looks just like normal motor oil. No butt dyno improvements made in these couple days, or I wouldn't have forgotten about adding it. So now my crankcase has STP 15W40, a can of Rislone Zinc supplement, and a can of STP Ceramic additive. Weird brew, but I found a brand new oil analysis kit in my garage, that I lost years ago, so it may be entertaining to see what this witch brew looks like in a UOA.

Got a can of it a couple days ago nearly free and poured it in my CR-V, because I didn't want to open a new quart of oil just to use 10oz of it. So this went in as top off. Just now remembered that I added it, looks just like normal motor oil. No butt dyno improvements made in these couple days, or I wouldn't have forgotten about adding it. So now my crankcase has STP 15W40, a can of Rislone Zinc supplement, and a can of STP Ceramic additive. Weird brew, but I found a brand new oil analysis kit in my garage, that I lost years ago, so it may be entertaining to see what this witch brew looks like in a UOA.
Why would you intentionally so thoroughly wreck a fully-formulated motor oil like that?

Why would you intentionally so thoroughly wreck a fully-formulated motor oil like that?
Just used it as a top-up without giving too much thought. On average an oz of oil additive is more concentrated than an oz of oil alone, or so it seems, so I guess it could be considered an additive boost. Now which additives and how compatible they are with STP 15w40? That I do not know...

Disclaimer: I occasionally do stuff like this out of own curiosity, for my own entertainment (some like football, others fishing, and I like experimenting with additives in fuel/oil), and fully understand and accept any consequences that will follow. Don't do what I do, unless positive results come out and you'd like to replicate those in your vehicles. Highly unlikely though, but never know until you try.

"The trash section". or

Any one of them works well as a sub section for the basic snake oils.

Back