stopping BING links when doing mouse-over?

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is really annoying:
every time I go to a website with those links with a BING link, although i don't CLICK on them, when I move my mouse to go to a link that I DO want to click on, as soon as the mouse pointer passes over one of those Bing links, the Bing "window" pops up !!! and does NOT go away when I move the mouse away from it - have to click the "x" on the pop up to get rid of it...

anyway to disable those Bing links from popping up on mouse-hover?

If using IE 8, change default search engine to Google. I hate Bing! I have been using Fire Fox since it was version 1.something. Better browser, faster page loads, and not affected too much by driveby spyware/adware.

Dave

I've found a fix...

Stop using Bing!
48.gif

Bill

hehe - i don't USE bing, Bill: Bing has search links (html hyperlinks) on a lot of web pages that just pops up a window if your mouse pointer goes over them while trying to do something else.

Originally Posted By: Deltona_Dave
If using IE 8, change default search engine to Google. I hate Bing! I have been using Fire Fox since it was version 1.something. Better browser, faster page loads, and not affected too much by driveby spyware/adware.

Dave

I AM using FF 3.5.

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
hehe - i don't USE bing, Bill: Bing has search links (html hyperlinks) on a lot of web pages that just pops up a window if your mouse pointer goes over them while trying to do something else.

I'm using 3.6 FF and never seen bling do that on hyper links...

You have a tool bar with bling on it?

I hope mentioning the only site I have trouble on is Fox News isn't too political. I hate Microsoft so Bing is doubly annoying. Hope somebody has the answer.

go here
http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/index.php

then, on the list of forums, scroll down, find "Televisions & Displays", forum title, and hover the pointer over the word "Plasma Televisions" below that title (in the little description below the forum title; window pops up.

This is the part I am talking about:

Televisions & Displays (155 Viewing):
Forum for LCD and Plasma Televisions and yes even those of you who are still buying LCD, DLP, LCoS/SXRD and (gasp) CRT Rear Projection sets.

[censored] - what do i do to get rid of it?
aren't those words even underlined when you look at it, and look like a clickable link?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: labman
No, it is specific to a few websites.

The issue he is having is that those specific websites are not doing the same thing for Bill and I using the same browser. This would lead me to believe that there is something specific with his software configuration causing this.

i looked through all programs - nothing that has anything to do with Bong.

where does one see which search engine is default?

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
i looked through all programs - nothing that has anything to do with Bong.

where does one see which search engine is default?

Go into help and click on "check for upgrade"

Upgrade FF to 3.6. (let's all get on the SAME page..)

Then you click on the right search tool box and click on the manage search engines.

Select google and hopefully that fixes it.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back