Stock advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there are any stock gurus here could you have a look at a mining stock called NAK.
Does this look like a good investment?
Looks a little risky to me but I'm not a stock person.
Thanks,

Pretty volatile. From 35 l cents per share to a high of $2.49 or so in the space of one year. Fiive year past performance appears equally volatile. Current price is $1.94, so there lmay be room for improvement. Risky and volatile is my personal assessment. I would spend my money on some level of no load mutual funds instead.

Open "big charts" and take a look at the 1, 2 & 5 year performance of that stock. Then go to analysis and see what is said. I buy stocks as an individual but, only since I have an advisor via Edward Jones. I think as a new comer, you might consider a mutual fund reather than an individual stock. Just my opinion. Ed

Pretty volatile. From 35 l cents per share to a high of $2.49 or so in the space of one year. Fiive year past performance appears equally volatile. Current price is $1.94, so there lmay be room for improvement. Risky and volatile is my personal assessment. I would spend my money on some level of no load mutual funds instead.

No offence but looking at any stock like that is nothing but gambling, not investing.

I agree with the past posts, the majority of people should be sticking to low cost ETFs. Do it through a discount brokerage where it's almost free to trade. Pick a variety depending on your investment goals (long term growth, balanced dividends, etc.)

I'm a well educated financial expert, it's how I earn a living and this is what I do. There's nothing flashy about it and you won't get rich overnight, but you should see nice, steady growth. Time and exponential growth is the secret.

There are no shortcuts, but some might get lucky.

No offence but looking at any stock like that is nothing but gambling, not investing.

I agree with the past posts, the majority of people should be sticking to low cost ETFs. Do it through a discount brokerage where it's almost free to trade. Pick a variety depending on your investment goals (long term growth, balanced dividends, etc.)

I'm a well educated financial expert, it's how I earn a living and this is what I do. There's nothing flashy about it and you won't get rich overnight, but you should see nice, steady growth. Time and exponential growth is the secret.

There are no shortcuts, but some might get lucky.
This is fantastic advice, please take it.

Without charting it, 7x normal volume. It moved up on the relaxed environmental regulations by Pres. Trump relating specifically to the Pebble Project. Gold and copper mining dump a lot of pollutants, in this region it's preserving the salmon fishing industry. It's a small company with mineral assets, but very limited in the number of mines it has. I'd want a bigger company, go with FCX, Kinross, the former are my favs, then there is Barrick, Agnico, Newmont, Gold Fields. If the Democrats get elected, this stock will fall dramatically. If there is noise that Trump is not going to get elected, this stock is going to fall. If Trump gets elected, I see limited upside, 1/2 up, 20 down.

Without charting it, 7x normal volume. It moved up on the relaxed environmental regulations by Pres. Trump relating specifically to the Pebble Project. Gold and copper mining dump a lot of pollutants, in this region it's preserving the salmon fishing industry. It's a small company with mineral assets, but very limited in the number of mines it has. I'd want a bigger company, go with FCX, Kinross, the former are my favs, then there is Barrick, Agnico, Newmont, Gold Fields. If the Democrats get elected, this stock will fall dramatically. If there is noise that Trump is not going to get elected, this stock is going to fall. If Trump gets elected, I see limited upside, 1/2 up, 20 down.

Again, thoughts like these are not much more than gambling talk, not investment advice.

Individual stocks have done me a solid. Why would you not?
Screenshot_20200725-230613_Robinhood.jpg

A lot of speculation and hope in this thread. If you don’t understand the stock to begin with then you should not be investing in that stock.

If there are any stock gurus here could you have a look at a mining stock called NAK.
Does this look like a good investment?
Looks a little risky to me but I'm not a stock person.
Thanks,
Ask the advice of a fee only advisor who is a fiduciary. I wouldn't be asking investment advice on a forum which most are not qualified to advise you and they think they are knowledgable with stock investing when they are not.

OK, you got advice on this particular stock, but not in the form you were hoping.

So, from my perspective as a long time investor who owns individual stocks, here’s my simple advice on this stock: run away.

Don’t walk.

Run

I’ve met a couple of legitimate millionaires over the past 25 years.
A vast majority of them had very simple mutual funds and ETFs.

They have quality sector ETF like technology, high dividend yield, growth and..... a small percentage of their portfolio in 2X & 3X leveraged ETFs. Those 3X technology ETFs have done well.

(y)

Last edited:
Individual stocks have done me a solid. Why would you not?View attachment 25818

So you bought a few at the absolute low during the pandemic and this is proof everyone should be buying individual stocks?

Why didn't you buy all TSLA, you would have done even better? Or maybe you should've bought into HTZ....

But I guess at the end of the day, it's a free country, buy what you want, do what you want.

So you bought a few at the absolute low during the pandemic and this is proof everyone should be buying individual stocks?

Why didn't you buy all TSLA, you would have done even better? Or maybe you should've bought into HTZ....

But I guess at the end of the day, it's a free country, buy what you want, do what you want.
A better question is...what ETF has posted a better gain? Could I have made better choices? Heck yeah! But none of those better choices is an ETF...

Also, yes, I entered the market at the present time---a time at which the OP is referencing. I entered the market at said time because I am not completely stupid, nor am I the unluckiest person on earth. I felt confident in a return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back