Bought the stock and making nice $ but I hate the business sector or company itself. Why?

I despise Disney and wouldn't invest in them regardless of return.
It's not just their politics....it's also that Roy Disney wanted Disney to be affordable for the middle class....but Eisner, Iger etc...had other ideas...
I would also try to avoid companies that push ESG ...
I agree with all of that too, It's what i eluded to. They're meant to be used since they're worthless to me and I'll make a buck off them when i can. They also cut their long standing dividend so they can shove it.

I’ve owned Altria since 2008 but don’t like the fact that they sell cigarettes. 8% annual dividend offsets my guilt.
People are gonna smoke anyways...and it is there choice to smoke. I have several friends whose dads retired from Philip Morris, good company to work for back in the day. I had a good friend whose Mom died from smoking, she hated PM with a passion. I can see both sides of it. Golly - I went down the rabbit hole.

It's not just their politics....it's also that Roy Disney wanted Disney to be affordable for the middle class....but Eisner, Iger etc...had other ideas...
My original title had personal ESG in it but I was afraid that would generate an instant lock. So I tried to spell it out. That didn’t work!
But really that’s what I’m discussing - whether our personal ESG values/guidelines (if you have them) affects what you invest in.

A few years ago I would have said if I can make $ from it I’ll buy it. Now I’m not sure I could personally place the buy order for some companies, especially certain media and entertainment companies, but if I’m once removed, say they are picked by my financial advisor, I’d be okay with that - I think. It does make me feel a bit financially “dirty” though.

I have some news for you on the ESG front. All of the larger companies (Fortune 2000) are pushing ESG in their narratives. Don't take my word for it, just pick a company and go read their latest press releases. They do it because they know the AI search engine algorithms will pick up their news more readily and get the detail more widely distributed. This is a known thing and practiced by all of the corporate executives whom are told of this strategy by the business consulants and the board of directors that they employ.

For most of my adult life I only invested in low cost index and no load mutual funds. I only recently started buying individual stocks like JEPI (mentioned it in another thread yesterday) for the higher monthly dividend yields and investment cash flow that those types of investments can provide.

Bought DWAC very early and sold it a few days later.

I'm no bag holder. I enjoyed taking my capital gains with a good laugh at the true believers who though it was more than just another con job.

I have some news for you on the ESG front. All of the larger companies (Fortune 2000) are pushing ESG in their narratives. Don't take my word for it, just pick a company and go read their latest press releases. They do it because they know the AI search engine algorithms will pick up their news more readily and get the detail more widely distributed. This is known thing and all of the corporate executives are being told of this practice by the business consulants and the board of directors that they employ.

For most of my adult life I only invested in low cost index and no load mutual funds. I recently started only buying individual stocks like JEPI (mentioned it in another thread yesterday) for the higher monthly dividend yields and investment cash flow that those types of investments can provide.
This is so true. I almost can’t find an article in the WSJ anymore without ESG terminology in the article. My company, and the business sector we were in, discovered that including the term “sustainability” or some derivative of it, produced “hits” by the investment news scanning algorithms so that term was in every press release even if unrelated to the topic. They worked it in the press release, sometimes with comic effect.

Back