Still car searching...2017 Accord LX

Originally Posted by gregk24
Went to check out the car and get a trade evaluation and ended up taking it home to show the wife. I noticed more paint blemishes at home (mainly on wheels) vs. at the dealer with the salesman right there next to me, so this one will be a pass. It's hard to swallow purchasing a car with in worse shape than your current one, even though its newer with fewer miles.

Overall it is truly a very clean car and would be a great buy, list price is currently $14,900. Very fair IMO. Its just not up to my standard of used car buying.

so did you get a chance to drive it, what do you think? Also, how much did they offer to you for your trade in?

Usually the V6 models having larger sway bars, a heavier engine and usually better quality tires will definitely make them feel better.

I notice the LX 1.5T that I have as a loaner now feels like a Civic compared to my 2.0T Touring. The Touring however has active dampeners and different suspension tuning.

Originally Posted by miden851
Originally Posted by gregk24
Went to check out the car and get a trade evaluation and ended up taking it home to show the wife. I noticed more paint blemishes at home (mainly on wheels) vs. at the dealer with the salesman right there next to me, so this one will be a pass. It's hard to swallow purchasing a car with in worse shape than your current one, even though its newer with fewer miles.

Overall it is truly a very clean car and would be a great buy, list price is currently $14,900. Very fair IMO. Its just not up to my standard of used car buying.

so did you get a chance to drive it, what do you think? Also, how much did they offer to you for your trade in?

I did in fact, I had it overnight. This was my first experience with a Honda CVT, I was very impressed. In city driving I found acceleration to be very linear and I was quickly able to get up to speed with little throttle and without the engine revving out. If more power was needed it was there without too much drama. This requires less steering input that my 2012 Accord and steering feel was completely acceptable for a family sedan. Braking was adequate, I did feel as if I had to press the pedal with more force than I am used too compared to my 2012.

I like the styling, it is attractive and should age well. Interior materials were a blend of hard and soft plastics as well as quite a bit of piano black plastic, which I am not a huge fan of.

A couple of gripes. When under moderate throttle it seemed as if the CVT was trying to figure out what ratio to be in, it was as if it was bouncing back and forth. I was not experiencing the fake shifts, this behavior was different. I had a better experience by simply planting the pedal and holding it at certain spot rather than adjusting it during acceleration. Holding the pedal steady provided smoother acceleration. Second gripe would be the speakers. I didn't expect much, but they could be better for a mid sized sedan.

From my limited time with the vehicle I found it to be a well rounded sedan. Plenty of space, very smooth and well behaved ride, excellent on gas and pleasing to look at. I told the salesman to keep in contact with me as I would like to purchase in the next year if the right one comes along with the right price.

Back