Stihl fs110 best trimmer head

I have bought cheap amazon heads and genuine stihl and i spend more time fixing the line than anything else what do you guys use? I can maybe use it on two trees and the line will be inside the head and have to take it all apart.

I use stihl 25-2 trimmer head with commercial grade line, only time I have issues is when the line has been in the head to long and it "sets" a tight coil while wrapped and dosen't want to feed.

I have these and they are both junk

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220622-191112.jpg
    Screenshot_20220622-191112.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20220622-191331.jpg
    Screenshot_20220622-191331.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 36
I put a tri blade on my 110r for ripping through tough stuff. No string is going to do well on trees. Unless you mean you trim the grass around two trees before the string getting messed up in which case I would dig a little deeper into how you’re losing the string cause it shouldn’t be going back into the head no matter which head you use.

I use stihl 25-2 trimmer head with commercial grade line, only time I have issues is when the line has been in the head to long and it "sets" a tight coil while wrapped and dosen't want to feed.
I've been using the same ones with commercial line at my workplace for many years with no problems at all.

I've read on some pro sites that soaking the line in water causes it to imbibe water and be less brittle. I tried it, but am too lazy to keep up with it.
1655943027651.jpg

Echo speed feed head with Echo .105" black diamond or Stihl CF3 Pro .105" line. Black diamond cuts better but Stihl CF3 Pro last longer. All depends on what you like.

Sounds to me like a line issue, it's very unlikely for several heads to have the same issue if trying different line. As stated above line gets old and brittle, sometimes even new line since it sits on the shelf for so long. It will snap easily and also get stuck together. You can try soaking it in a 5 gal bucket of water, or buy a small quantity of new line and see if it helps.

Echo speed feed takes the win and obsoletes just about all other designs.

Their "rapid loader" is a close second if you like to pre plan your job and have a pocket full of precut strings.

Echo speed feed takes the win and obsoletes just about all other designs.

Their "rapid loader" is a close second if you like to pre plan your job and have a pocket full of precut strings.
I could never go back to pre cut pieces of string. Such a hassle

I use the tri-line .095 stuff from home depot. The guy destin from smarter every day tested trimmer line awhile back and the edged stuff seems to hold up better.

Back