Stihl 4-mix oil?

I recently purchased a Stihl FS131R trimmer and the dealer (Rural King) said I could extend the warranty another 2 years by purchasing a 6-pack of their HP Ultra synthetic 2-stroke oil. I went ahead and bought the oil, for $14 it's a no brainer.

I already have my two 1 gallon gas tanks full of 2-stroke mix that will last me the rest of the season. I run it in my Echo SRM-266 and Tanaka blower. I'm using Amsoil Interceptor at 50:1 in one gallon tank, and Husqvarna brand ISO-L-EGD / JASO FD rated 2-stroke oil at 40:1 in the other. (The Tanaka recommends 32:1 or 40:1).

Am I okay to use these 2-stroke oils in the Stihl trimmer? I figured I'd use what I have and then fill a gallon container next season using the Stihl HP Ultra stuff. But then I wonder if the reverse is okay, using the Stihl oil in my other equipment? The back of the Stihl oil bottle simply states "exceeds Jaso FB." My other equipment recommends an oil with either ISO-L-EGD or JASO FD rating.

I guess the other solution is to buy another gallon container, but I rarely use more than 2-gallons in a season, so I'm just creating extra 2-stroke mix that I'll have to dump in my 4-stroke mowers or one my cars to get rid of it. Guess my question is, is the Stihl oil required for their equipment or are they okay with any 2-stroke oil?

My personal experience has been that my Stihl gear run better when I mix fuel with Stihl oil. I've tried Echo, Husquavarna, and a couple others, and my trimmer and blower don't like fuel mixed with these oils.

But that's my experience. Yours may vary.

I use Stihl oil at 45:1 in my 2 stroke equipment (Ryobi blower and new Stihl chainsaw). I got the same seal if I bought the 6 pack, again no brainer!

? The back of the Stihl oil bottle simply states "exceeds Jaso FB." My other equipment recommends an oil with either ISO-L-EGD or JASO FD rating.

Guess my question is, is the Stihl oil required for their equipment or are they okay with any 2-stroke oil?

Your non-Stihl 2stroke oil is far superior with ISO-L-EGD & JASO FD ratings....then whatever in JASO FB you got from Stihl....

+1. Keep the stihl oil as it was a good purchase to extend the warranty. But run your other oils, as he said its superior.

Back