steak seasoning

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just ran out of Famous Dave's Steak and Burger seasoning, which I liked pretty well. This is a powder that I sprinkle on the steaks while grilling. Just curious which other brands might be good to try. Thanks!

Not a dry rub, but I like Weber's Black Peppercorn marinade... I keep the steaks in it for a couple of hours prior to placing on the grill.

I make my own. On Friday, er Saturday....I lose track of days when I'm not working
lol.gif
anyway I bought some dried whole chipotle peppers, mixed two of them with various other secret ingredients and packed the mix on four big ribeyes for an all day marinade/juice bask. Grill time they were perfect ripeness for some perfect char marks. Fine eatin'. Made a chipotle/black pepper/honey/herb sauce on the side for people who wanted a little warmth.

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
McCormick's Montreal Steak Seasoning is pretty good.

This

Depending on the steak and/or my mood, either Montreal + fire, or salt + pepper + fire; depending on my mood the fire is either Royal Oak charcoal or Royal Oak charcoal + 1 chunk of hickory.

This subject may be more controversial than motor oil!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Unearthed

This

These

I've always just used salt and peeper myself, but wanted a little something different once in a while. Thanks for the suggestions, guys!

This is what I use. It's also marketed with the Weber brand. Last time I bought some at Sam's Club, it was branded Weber, but was the same thing as McCormick's or Tone's IIRC.

We sort of marinate our steaks for 10 minutes or 1/2 hour with fresh squeezed lime juice and then sea salt and ground pepper.
We got a charcoal grill last year and love using it. I'll throw a few chunks of oak or maple on to get a bit of smoke going too.

I normally dont use olive oil it has a low burning point despite being wildly popular.

I use a little canola oil(just enough to coat the meat.. apply with hand) with Montreal steak seasoning or similar and let it rest on the counter for half an hour to get to room temp. Trying to grill a cold steak is alot harder than room temp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back