Starter Motors?

DR1

Is there a specific brand/manufacture that makes the best in quality aftermarket oem starter motors?

Do yourself a favor and save a pile of money too. Take yours to a local rebuilder. Then you’ll know it’s right .I’ve never paid over $100 for any type in 30+ years. I never had one die on me again either beyond a couple that wore brushes in time. Look for starter shop or DC Motor repair in the phone book or net listings.

I highly agree with Driz. Find a reputable rebuilder in your area. I never had a bad rebuild from my local shop. IF none available go new OE.

It's likely a Mitsubishi starter.

Kinda off topic, Denso Gear Reduction Starters were the pinnacle of starter design....Unfortunately, VERY few modern cars use this design anymore because of Cost & Packaging. Not even Toyota....Yes they use a Denso starter, But a more compact planetary reduction starter that's not nearly as robust.

I know this might not be an acceptable option for you, but just sharing my experiences, Rockauto sells NEW starters by TYC which I was skeptical at 1st but after installing atleast 30-40 of them over the last 2 years - none came back with issues. Lifetime warranty and all new components.

Reactions: DR1
GMBoy, thanks for the information on the TYC starters. Do you have any information on their alternators?

Back