Starbucks stops 'Race Together' campaign on cups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darn, I wanted to ask a barister why there are no Starbucks in non lily white communities.

If I wanted to be insulted for being a white male (while paying $8 for coffee) I'd just find AL Not-so-Sharpton, Holder or just tune into any mainstream media broadcast.

Originally Posted By: Evanson
It was a good thought, but a bad idea.

But it got people talking and thinking.
talking and thinking about what? Oh Canada, never mind.

But it got people...thinking.

Yeah, thinking about where else to go rather than Starbucks to get coffee.

LOL. I don't buy coffee myself, but when I've gone past some cafes, the queues are ridiculous.

So if I were a customer, I'd be all for thinning out the crowd.

Originally Posted By: zach1900
Darn, I wanted to ask a barister why there are no Starbucks in non lily white communities.

I'm not aware of any lily-white communities here, maybe Sea Cliff is 75% lily-white, but they don't have any Starbucks. Most of the Bay Are is on average probably 30% white and Starbucks is ubiquitous. There's one just two blocks from where I live. And if there's no Starbucks there's a Peet's.

hotwheels

Isn't the USA overall something like 70% white?

I think this was a missed opportunity for them to talk to their baristas about the epidemic of reverse racism.

It would certainly be a safe comfortable environment in all those lily white communities.

Interesting, Fourbucks does NOT have locations in these cities.
East St. Louis, IL; Highland park, MI; Gary, IN; Benton Harbor, MI, Oh, lest we forget, Fourbucks does not have a store in either of Ferguson, MO or - wait for it - Selma, AL.

Last edited:
I prefer the death penalty symposium at jiffy Lube (Dennis Miller).
Someone needs their head seeing to, this is beyond lunacy. As Savage said.. Okay lets talk about race, hows the Starbucks doing in Ferguson MO? Oh there isn't one? Why not? Are they afraid the minorities will burn it down. LOL

Originally Posted By: chiefsfan1
East St. Louis, IL; Highland park, MI; Gary, IN; Benton Harbor, MI, Oh, lest we forget, Fourbucks does not have a store in either of Ferguson, MO or - wait for it - Selma, AL.

Do they have the Gap?

hotwheels

Originally Posted By: R80RS

But it got people...thinking.

Yeah, thinking about where else to go rather than Starbucks to get coffee.

Any place!

The minorities in Ferguson have no money for Starbucks.

The city, courts and police have taken it all on trumped up citations as well as wilful obfuscations in court processes. It was all in the DOJ report and is why the police chief resigned.

Originally Posted By: hotwheels
Originally Posted By: chiefsfan1

Do they have the Gap?

hotwheels

Beats me!

Order a large black coffee at Starbucks and they gasp in horror, like you just drove a knife through their coffee goddess, I stopped going years ago when it really started turning into a place for psuedo intellectuals who think saying "latte, with water from pikes peak, with a coffee bean that's equal to all others" makes them superior to everybody else.

^ yep there are a lot of insecure people out there.

whistle.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back