Stanford Professor warns massive UFO disclosure is around the corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way to travel at light speed is to be massless, or more to the point, massless things MUST travel at lightspeed. Interestingly, things that travel at light speed do not experience time. From our reference frame, a photon left the star 100 million years ago but from the photon's reference frame, it left the star and instantly arrived at earth.

If you have mass, you have to overcome inertia, and you have to necessarily travel at speeds that are sub-lightspeed, AND you have to necessarily travel through the 4th dimension of time.

Our universe is not made of space and time - it's made up of spacetime and everything is moving through spacetime at the same speed. How? The faster you are moving through space the slower you move through time - if you are traveling at lightspeed then your movement through spacetime is 100% through space and 0% through time. If you moving at speeds we are familiar with then you have mass, you are traveling through space some and traveling through time some such that the combined contribution of both is equal to the speed of light. Problem is it takes A LOT of energy to overcome the inertia for massive objects and if you plot velocity on x-axis vs energy on the y-axis you hit a big *** vertical asymptote before reaching light speed. This would correspond to "infinite energy" being required for a massive object to reach light speed and even then that vertical asymptote means you can get infinitesimally close to but never actually reach light speed. What about accelerating a 1-ton object to just 10% of light speed? You can easily calculate this with KE = 1/2 mv^2 (x2 since you have to decelerate once you get there) and it is equivalent to the total output of energy by the entire planet in one year x 2. You must add more energy if you want to go faster and because it's the square of the velocity and the faster you go the greater the energy required per unit velocity. The data you provided is completely inconsistent with this and we know this to be true.

As an aside...the next issue is at relativistic speeds even benign things like space dust would cause catastrophic damage to a ship not to mention debit the size of rocks etc.
Good post. Unfortunately there appears to be a heckuva lack of basic physics understanding out there and particularly here at Bitog.

So many things I think about
When I look far away
Things I know, things I wonder
Things I'd like to say
The more we think we know about
The greater the unknown
We suspend our disbelief
And we are not alone...
Mystic rhythms
Capture my thoughts
Carry them away
Mysteries of night escape the light of day
Mystic rhythms
Under northern lights
Or the African sun
Primitive things stir
The hearts of everyone
We sometimes catch a window
A glimpse of what's beyond
Was it just imagination
Stringing us along?
More things than are dreamed about
Unseen and unexplained
We suspend our disbelief
And we are entertained
Mystic rhythms
Capture my thoughts
Carry them away
Nature seems to spin
A supernatural way
Mystic rhythms
Under city lights
Or a canopy of stars
We feel the powers and wonder what they are
Mystic rhythms
Capture my thoughts
Carry them away
Mysteries of night escape the light of day
Mystic rhythms
Under northern lights
Or a canopy of stars
We feel the push and pull of restless rhythms from afar

There are lots of explanations why people can be wrong. Not all of them need to be explained by aliens.

People are wrong all the time.

How often are our very best guys and gear and eyes all wrong at the same time, while seeing the same thing ?

I never said these were aliens. Who knows what they are?

I have no idea what they are. It's possible we're being observed by "something". Wouldn't surprise me. People believe in far crazier things than this.

Maybe they are physics majors from another galaxy come here to make applications to have their student loans forgiven.

galaxy.jpg

The only way to travel at light speed is to be massless, or more to the point, massless things MUST travel at lightspeed. Interestingly, things that travel at light speed do not experience time. From our reference frame, a photon left the star 100 million years ago but from the photon's reference frame, it left the star and instantly arrived at earth.

If you have mass, you have to overcome inertia, and you have to necessarily travel at speeds that are sub-lightspeed, AND you have to necessarily travel through the 4th dimension of time.

Our universe is not made of space and time - it's made up of spacetime and everything is moving through spacetime at the same speed. How? The faster you are moving through space the slower you move through time - if you are traveling at lightspeed then your movement through spacetime is 100% through space and 0% through time. If you moving at speeds we are familiar with then you have mass, you are traveling through space some and traveling through time some such that the combined contribution of both is equal to the speed of light. Problem is it takes A LOT of energy to overcome the inertia for massive objects and if you plot velocity on x-axis vs energy on the y-axis you hit a big *** vertical asymptote before reaching light speed. This would correspond to "infinite energy" being required for a massive object to reach light speed and even then that vertical asymptote means you can get infinitesimally close to but never actually reach light speed. What about accelerating a 1-ton object to just 10% of light speed? You can easily calculate this with KE = 1/2 mv^2 (x2 since you have to decelerate once you get there) and it is equivalent to the total output of energy by the entire planet in one year x 2. You must add more energy if you want to go faster and because it's the square of the velocity and the faster you go the greater the energy required per increase in unit velocity. The data you provided is completely inconsistent with this and we know this to be true. To not be true would mean the KE formula would have to be wrong and that's been confirmed so many times in so many ways that it is true.

As an aside...the next issue is at relativistic speeds even benign things like space dust would cause catastrophic damage to a ship not to mention debris the size of rocks etc.

Thats what I recall from school.

Apparently these things were sick that day.

IF true with a measured 5000G (from multiple encounters) of performance you can get really close to light - really fast. and your trip time on board (who knows if these have passengers?) to wherever you are going will be quite short.

Thats what I recall from school.

Apparently these things were sick that day.

IF true with a measured 5000G (from multiple encounters) of performance you can get really close to light - really fast. and your trip time on board (who knows if these have passengers?) to wherever you are going will be quite short.
The energy required to obtain a given acceleration/velocity at a given mass IS SETTLED science. You can argue about ways of generating and applying that energy to move you through spacetime but the incredibly high energy requirement is what it is and it does not change no matter where you are or who you are in this universe.

The energy required to obtain a given velocity at a given mass IS SETTLED science. You can argue about ways of generating and applying that energy to move you through spacetime but the incredibly high energy requirement is what it is and it does not change no matter where you are or who you are in this universe.
Not arguing it isnt. Somehow these things are able to either change their mass, AND/OR generate country level power with no heat signature to accomplish these maneuvers.

Newtons 3rd is also settled - Yet in these cases we cant see detect or witness action/reaction by eye or IR.

I dont pretend to know how these things do these thing, but its very clear they have been observed doing so for a long time.

Maybe Kelly Johnson wasn't exaggerating?

This is from the History channel about the Navy ship Princeton and Nimitz. Let's see, one they figured dropped 30 times the speed of sound, one was 70 knots under water, one was 60 miles in a minute, some 3,600 mph.

I dont know if I would classify The History Channel as accurrate journalism

Not arguing it isnt. Somehow these things are able to either change their mass, AND/OR generate country level power with no heat signature to accomplish these maneuvers.

Newtons 3rd is also settled - Yet in these cases we cant see detect or witness action/reaction by eye or IR.

I dont pretend to know how these things do these thing, but its very clear they have been observed doing so for a long time.

Maybe Kelly Johnson wasn't exaggerating?
The conservation of mass-energy and mass-energy equivalence are another of those immutable physical laws. What it says is the faster you go the GREATER your inertial mass or said a slightly different way the faster you go, the more energy you have, the greater your mass. So sure, they maybe changing their mass but in the wrong direction to achieve very high velocities.

The conservation of mass-energy and mass-energy equivalence are another of those immutable physical laws. What it says is the faster you go the GREATER your inertial mass or said a slightly different way the faster you go, the more energy you have, the greater your mass. So sure, they maybe changing their mass but in the wrong direction to achieve very high velocities.

I follow the same laws as you do.

Who knows how these things accomplish what we've witnessed?

From that article I posted are some multimodal cases when're at least two and twice here 3 independent sources measured the same thing.

These things either have little to no mass, or one serious amount of power or maybe both, but if these rates are sustainable you can cover incredible distances relativistically speaking.

Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 4.26.55 PM.png

Last edited:
I follow the same laws as you do.
We can see +13 billions years into the past and a combined 43 billions light years around us in any one direction for a combined 86 billion light year sphere around our planet (thank you inflation!) and everywhere we look, every natural phenomenon we measure, confirm the laws of the universe are uniformly consistent in our universe. So I follow the same laws as you but so do aliens.

These things either have little to no mass, or one serious amount of power or maybe both, but if these rates are sustainable you can cover incredible distances relativistically speaking.
Energy and mass are NOT independent of one another.
"The theory of relativity deduces, from its fundamental assumption, a clear and convincing answer to this question, an answer again of a quantitative character: all energy resists change of motion; all energy behaves like matter; a piece of iron weighs more when red-hot than when cool; radiation traveling through space and emitted from the sun contains energy and therefore has mass; the sun and all radiating stars lose mass by emitting radiation. This conclusion, quite general in character, is an important achievement of the theory of relativity and fits all facts upon which it has been tested".
A. EINSTEIN AND L. INFELD, THE EVOLUTION OF PHYSICS

We can see +13 billions years into the past and a combined 43 billions light years around us in any one direction for a combined 86 billion light year sphere around our planet (thank you inflation!) and everywhere we look, every natural phenomenon we measure, confirm the laws of the universe are uniformly consistent in our universe. So I follow the same laws as you but so do aliens.

hehe inflation love it!

How do you explain what they do?

The director of national intelligence acknowledges and considers considers them a threat.

Not only are they not independent but they are the same thing - completely equivalent. You can think of mass as just energy confined to a definite region of space. Ultimately, everything, all particles, the entire EM spectrum, force carrier particles, etc are just localized wave packets - squiggles in one of the fundamental quantum fields.

"The theory of relativity deduces, from its fundamental assumption, a clear and convincing answer to this question, an answer again of a quantitative character: all energy resists change of motion; all energy behaves like matter; a piece of iron weighs more when red-hot than when cool; radiation traveling through space and emitted from the sun contains energy and therefore has mass; the sun and all radiating stars lose mass by emitting radiation. This conclusion, quite general in character, is an important achievement of the theory of relativity and fits all facts upon which it has been tested".
A. EINSTEIN AND L. INFELD, THE EVOLUTION OF PHYSICS

Yes E-MC2.

hehe inflation love it!

How do you explain what they do?

The director of national intelligence acknowledges and considers considers them a threat.
The measurements are wrong, artifacts, or the data was misinterpreted. The national intelligence agency has to take all threats seriously simply because there is no concrete data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back