Stand by generator fixed one problem then...

I posted about the capacitors for a B&S 12kw standby gen. I changed them out and the voltage readings are correct now.
Before it was shutting down in 3 seconds now it shuts down in about 10 seconds, But this time it gave me a code high oil temperature.
I tried again same results. I touched the sensor and no way it was anywhere near hot just running a few seconds. I removed one of the two wires and started it
up. I ran it for 15 minutes. Shut it down and removed switch No biggie I thought until I saw the price of the part 186205gs .....$70!!!!. It is only a $7 part. I am going to go after market if I can get the specs on the B&S part. Any one knows what temperature these things trip at?

My old eyes did get the info off . Maker is Airpax 5003 with the numbers C53285B0835. I looked it up and had no direct hits but I did come across a sheet to intrepid the numbers. My wildest guess is a 285 f switch. I am only guessing because the temperature trip point is suppose to be in the numbers. C stands for closes on rise, 53 is the series but then nothing matches to the rest of the numbers.

The wires to this switch does not look to be Teflon coated wires so I do have a hard time thinks it could run up to 285 f but who knows. I can now justify a non contact temperature gun:)

Ordered a thermal switch that generic uses. They have the ratings listed. I notice the RVs generators call for a 305f switch, I thinking a 285f switch so I ordered a 295f switch. I guess I will find out next summer in hurricane season. Price was $16 shipped.

Back