Stalled at idle after battery disconnect - Kia computer idle relearn?

The '04-08 F150s can be really bad about relearning throttle trim after a complete loss of power enough to wipe KAM. Your situation isn't unique.

AFAIC you did the right thing: just drive it a few days. Put some tape over CEL for that time :)

If I care enough I use a Weego unit in the OBD port. It's just got a barrel connector on the other end and I personally just use a Milwaukee heated gear holster on the other end. Most of the heated gear oughtta work here (Dewalt, maybe Bosch) or you should be able to use a jumper pack of your choice or anything else that generates ~12V from a female barrel connector setup. Fairly universal
20220116_182219.jpg
20220116_182209.jpg

The '04-08 F150s can be really bad about relearning throttle trim after a complete loss of power enough to wipe KAM. Your situation isn't unique.

AFAIC you did the right thing: just drive it a few days. Put some tape over CEL for that time :)

If I care enough I use a Weego unit in the OBD port. It's just got a barrel connector on the other end and I personally just use a Milwaukee heated gear holster on the other end. Most of the heated gear oughtta work here (Dewalt, maybe Bosch) or you should be able to use a jumper pack of your choice or anything else that generates ~12V from a female barrel connector setup. Fairly universal View attachment 88069View attachment 88070
Perfecttttt! Thank you!

Maybe this is what was going on with my Lucerne. When I bought it I had a hard time getting use to the accelerator and the way it responded but I got use to it or maybe it got use to me. Right after a new battery was put in it felt just like it did when I bought it. I think it's such a gradual change you don't notice it until you have to start over again.

That code didn't come from just disconnecting the battery and the first screen with the low idle reading isn't right unless it's a cold engine. looks like a circuit issues as the code says. Dirty or loose connections.

Hyundai's relearn idle procedure for electric throttle bodies is to just turn on the key for a few seconds and then turn it off not touching the gas pedal.

The mechanical throttles I just start it, then cycle through engine loads and it should adjust as you do that.

I think this will be the last update because i'd say she's back to her "new" self!🥳 i put a couple hundred miles on it since all this went down, and now avg 28.6 MPG mixed, a very nice increase from the 22.5-23 throttle response is absolutely amazing, it idles, runs, and pulls beautifully. No check engine light no pending codes and all the monitors are ready, and the last one that's not ready will take a few hundred miles to get in ready mode im assuming.. Thank you for the thoughts and ideas, it did help tremendously.(y)

IMG_0391.jpeg

Back