Staggering inflated used car prices!

It's at least a year to a year and a half until we see changes-or maybe longer. This "supply chain" thing isn't going away anytime soon-and some companies (suppliers, etc.,) will come out of it and some won't. I am wondering if I will ever see $10,000.00 in discounts off a new pickup again.

It's at least a year to a year and a half until we see changes-or maybe longer. This "supply chain" thing isn't going away anytime soon-and some companies (suppliers, etc.,) will come out of it and some won't. I am wondering if I will ever see $10,000.00 in discounts off a new pickup again.

I think you're right. And now that the dealers have had a taste of MSRP + additional market adjustment + Trucoat + VIN etching + all the other useless crap they've been able to force on buyers we might be in for a rude awakening.

UD7B1EW.jpeg

my 1.5T civic 6MT with 60k on the clock is worth 19k on a trade in which is 2.5k below that I paid for it 4.5yrs ago. that's mind blowing. so I'm puzzled now while being intrigued by the new civics. not that i need a new car, of course I don't, but I can't decided whether if would financially makes sense to do the swap (well, of course it wouldn't, but a new car,0 miles and all that).

my co-worker was offered 52k on the spot when he came in for a oil/filter change.....2017 Toyota tundra 1794 with 50k miles.....unreal...
I bought my 2021 WRX in April..... Just before things got crazy. I'm sort of awaiting the mailings that always come (Your exact make/model/color is in great demand and we are offering cash! Stop in today!) when you buy a new car.

Of course nowadays they will probably just email....

I bought my 2021 WRX in April..... Just before things got crazy. I'm sort of awaiting the mailings that always come (Your exact make/model/color is in great demand and we are offering cash! Stop in today!) when you buy a new car.

Of course nowadays they will probably just email....
Yeah crazy....
But I can still buy a new VW Passat for about 10% off MSRP.

If car dealers were slick they'd sell the slow movers to Vroom. They are paying way too much.

its so crazy out there!

tesla3 brand new, bottom of the barrel, runs for about $47K OTD

are these people who are willing to pay these markup prices able to finance these cars the same as before or do you need to come up with a huge down payment/trade to bring the financing in line for bank approval?

Back