Stable 360 vs Stable Marine 360

Other than cost and dosage amounts, is there any advantage to use one or the other in OPE?

marine stuff is supposedly supposed to "Absorb water" and help with high moisture environments.

Doesn't work.

The only difference I have been able to find is the concentration as most cars/trucks are treating15-40 gal and most boat owners are treating 40-200 gal. All of it is suppose to prevent oxidation of the gas portion, none of it can prevent, delay or make harmless the water the alcohol can absorb or raise the percents necessary for phase separation.

I know from experience that the Marine version resulted in a strong smell of gasoline in my garage. As a result I won't use it in anything normally stored in the garage, including generators and the snow blower.

I buy a marine version, not Stabil, by the gallon jug and use it in the many double quantity of OPE's, snowmobiles, boat, bike, etc. I have.
Latest jug is CRC brand, have used Sierra in the past and zero issues. I buy what ever brand that's priced right when I need a refill.
Just cranked up a Crapsman saw at my weekend place that has sat for 2 yrs, filled with fresh fuel and a couple pulls it fired right up. Stored stabilized when last used. E0 gas only in my small engines.
Any brand of stabilizer is better than none IMO, I prefer marine as it is more concentrated and dosage is less per gal. and a gallon jug goes farther for me. Gas cans get dosed at every refill so I've idiot proofed myself.

I used the Red Stabil before the blue existed. I had a bottle get chunky/crystalized so I stopped using the red kind. Never had the blue get crystals, so there must be a difference in the formula.

Yes but if the stabil marine changes from blue to dark purple then it’s going bad. I’ve had a 32oz bottle that in 2020 I didn’t drive as much this bottle you can see it changing to a very dark blue/purple color. Just bought a new 16oz bottle and it’s bright blue in color.

CTopher

Yes but if the stabil marine changes from blue to dark purple then it’s going bad. I’ve had a 32oz bottle that in 2020 I didn’t drive as much this bottle you can see it changing to a very dark blue/purple color. Just bought a new 16oz bottle and it’s bright blue in color.

CTopher
Good tip!

I've used Stabil for years but in recent years it has not worked for me. I put it in every gas can I ever filled and I've had numerous problems with corn starch in my small engine carbs. I've recently gone with the blue enzyme product that everbody says is great stuff. My Vtwin Briggs 27 hp Z turn recently started surging badly. My local SER guy sold me a small bottle of Motor Medic? He said to run it thru and let it sit overnight. Well it took 3 days on running and sitting overnight but now my surging is gone. My gas cans are filled at Costco so I can't get fresher gas. I use a can up in about a month. The repair guy doesn't believe there is any "good" gas. He uses BP Premium in his shop. I only used the "can fuel" in my trimmers, chain saw and blower. They start on the second pull after sitting all winter.

Back