Spring Cold/Flu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have experience with getting sick in the warmer weather ?

I went all winter without getting sick and thought flu season was gone then wham I get hit with the flu . For some reason I think of it as a improved strain that made it thru peoples immune systems and got stronger(joking).

Whatever is going around the northeast it really packs a punch .

Four years ago I got the flu June 2. June 7 I had difficulty breathing so I went to ER. They hospitalized me, that night I went into respiratory failure and was in ICU in a coma until July 1. They did not think I would live. It was a particularly strong strain of influenza B.

I feel like that all year round

Year round allergies, with perpetual sinus infection

...I really should get the surgery

If it doesn't clear up, consider going to an allergist

health or lack of it is very individualistic + complicated. that said i feel we can do a LOT to help ourselves starting with decent eating + weight control + daily exercise. i also believe in + take nutritional supplements, as example i DO NOT get colds or flu since adding supplements which are more important as we age. there is a lot to learn on-line as well as books + of course "they" all want to sell you something $$$. one of my fav's is Quercetin a bioflavonoid found in small amounts in foods + its a great allergy + sinus boost. since using it along with vitamin C my bad allergies are gone!! most people DO NOT take enough of a certain supplement to work + expect quick results like drugs, but it don't work that way. vitamins A D E + K are fat soluble + need to be consumed with fat, best at mealtimes. so those taking D-3 or E with OJ coffee + cigarettes like my uncle did are not absorbing anything!!! other vitamins are water soluble + absorb easy, like the afore mentioned Quercetin i take at all meals + in between in sneezing season. it benefits your eyes as well as other things. you can FORGET one daily vitamins as there is too little of anything there to help. do your research + decide for yourself. i buy most of my supplements on-line + free shipping with a minimal order is common. i find Swanson to be a good source, but i buy elsewhere looking for the best pricing on what I WANT!!

Originally Posted By: michaelluscher

Make some changes to your diet and you'll be amazed at the difference.

Originally Posted By: sleepery
Does anyone have experience with getting sick in the warmer weather ?

I went all winter without getting sick and thought flu season was gone then wham I get hit with the flu . For some reason I think of it as a improved strain that made it thru peoples immune systems and got stronger(joking).

Whatever is going around the northeast it really packs a punch .

Are you sure its flu and not allergies? Have you ever been tested for allergies?

I'm a big fan of letting the body deal with itself. I never get the flu shot, I get a couple colds a year, which is hard to avoid in Minnesota, and I have seasonal pollen allergies. That's honestly about it.

Oh, and I'm terrible about washing my hands. Germs aren't the enemy, human beings are their own enemy. We're medicating and vaccinating ourselves into extinction.

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy

I tried

Gluten/spices/meats/HFCS, nothing's a variable

I've had the camera up my nose, It didn't want to come back out

I tried

What about dairy?
I used to have seasonal allergies too, but after kicking ALL dairy products for at least a month, my symptoms disappeared.
Suggested it to my mom and she also was amazed. She's been suffering for well over 30 years.

Since I purged my system, I can have SOME dairy as a treat. That's usually one serving a week and immediately the next day I notice an increase in mucus production. After a day or so, everything returns to normal.

I generally go 2 or 3 years between a flu/cold. It is now winding down after about a week or so. Hopefully I'm good to go for the next few years.

I tried

Here's "netti" pot

Stand in the shower, and spray the "solution" in one nostril, let it out the other.
2 tsp xylitol
2 tsp salt
1 tsp carb soda
a few drops of baby shampoo (surfactant)
10 drops tea tree oil (neat)
10 drops iodine solution.

Balance boiled water

(look up lectins, and get rid of peanuts, cashews, undercooked beans, raw nightshades)

Never really had a problem with allergies but they can be a contributing factor .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back