Spray Wax for winter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go ahead and laugh, but this is the first year I've really ever used spray wax....

I've always been a "full wax" kinda guy every so many months. I have to say it shows, as the paint on the cars look pretty good for 9-11 years. Early in the year a picked up couple different brands of spray wax on the cheap. I have to say, using them every 2-3 weeks have kept them pretty shiny! (and protected)

Seems I keep finding good deals on spray wax (last was Meg's NXT wax) that I was wondering after it's fall wax if I should just skip the Nufinish, a just do a apply some wax after every other wash or so? (depending on winter, of course)

I like em shiny, and have to wonder why I've never used this stuff much....hoping it might help keep off some of that winter stuff....

If you wash your car regularly, spray wax works pretty okay. I usually use it after a wash to give a little more protection to the sealant I put on the car before winter.

the Eagle One nanowax is pretty good. It definitely leaves a slick coat on the paint, and has lasted a month for me in the past.

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
If you wash your car regularly, spray wax works pretty okay. I usually use it after a wash to give a little more protection to the sealant I put on the car before winter.

the Eagle One nanowax is pretty good. It definitely leaves a slick coat on the paint, and has lasted a month for me in the past.

Funny, because I am using that right now! Good stuff too....

Originally Posted By: Chris B.
Eagle one is great stuff and lasts an easy 2 months being garaged at night.

They have a bunch of Eagle 1 stuff at Ollie's in my town, pretty cheap too, i am going to grab some wheel cleaner for sure.

I found Nano Wax as well as several other Eagle one products at Big Lots...$3.50 each. I use the WAUD they make too...especially on my wheels. I find that brake dust comes off for 90% at the car wash since I started doing that.

Lots of Eagle one fans....do have to say their stuff is pretty good...
smile.gif

I know you're talking about spray waxes here, but what about using a quality sealant? Apply before winter and you won't have to worry the whole time. No worries about reapplying a wax in the cold of the winter. If it were me I'd drop the NuFinish and replace with a quality sealant. Last me about 5 months in the steaming hot Mississippi summers. Most can be topped with a wax for that extra pop if you so choose.

Originally Posted By: Delta
I know you're talking about spray waxes here, but what about using a quality sealant? Apply before winter and you won't have to worry the whole time. No worries about reapplying a wax in the cold of the winter. If it were me I'd drop the NuFinish and replace with a quality sealant. Last me about 5 months in the steaming hot Mississippi summers. Most can be topped with a wax for that extra pop if you so choose.

Yeah, I've been thinking about that too...might just try some for fun...we'll have to see. Don't mind waxing a little extra now (every 2-3 months) but that might change.....

I've found that Meg's Ultimate Quick Wax (aka Synthetic Express Spray Wax) works great as a LSP if used somewhat regularly. Lasts surprisingly long for a spray, also. I like to use it on our "beater" car but the truck still sees full wax jobs when ever possible.

Maybe not the same but I have used a soft brush, telescoping handle and Mothers wash & wax w/carnuba for years. As an old guy with parkinsons it ain't easy waxing a car or truck-and I ain't no wimp or slacker. I have used this because waxing a motorhome will kill you. These wash/wax 1-2 times a month on the our CRV and Tacoma leaves them looking brand new, shiney, and repels water. The motorhome is 14 yrs old and looks as new (it stays in a building when not used). My tacoma is 5yrs old and the paint is perfect.My wifes previous CRV was 12 yrs old and was still shiney and looked new. I probably hand waxed it 3-4 times while we had it.

I agree with Delta. I would apply the most durable wax around right before the bad weather sets in. Mid November in my area. Something that can go four to five months without being changed. There must be a half dozen of those anyway. Klasse, Duragloss two part system, Collinite, Nufinish even. Jetseal 109. Probably Meguiar's Ultimate.

I would use whatever spray wax is at hand during the winter. Expecting significant durability is unrealistic. If it brings up the shine for a week or two and offers some protection during that time, that's all you can ask for the ten minutes you spent putting it on the car.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back