Spotted cracks on my daughter in law’s front Dunlop tires

I’d replace them. Tires can crack like that on the sidewalls, especially if they’re summer tires subjected to cold temperatures.

I was doing an oil change on my daughter in law’s car and noticed her worn Dunlop front tires had cracks and luckily I spotted them. She will get new Cooper tires tomorrow at Tire Kingdom.

How serious are these cracks ?

View attachment 51431
View attachment 51427
Only suitable for mother in law use not daughter in law use. Good call on changing them out. Tread depth looks a little thin as well.

My guess is the cracks were from a pothole impact with low tire pressures, maybe in the winter. Good you replaced them.

Goodyear is prorating my Assurance WeatherReady's for the sidewall separating. date code 2719, still have 9/32 (out of 10). They only have 2500 miles since November 2020, not sure how many prior. I was putting them on for winter use since I have them. As I'm putting them on I say *** is that? Not driving on them daily at 70+ and my son takes it on road trips. Cracks go almost all the way around 2 of the tires and lots of sections on the others.

No sidewall scrapes/curb rim damage or repairs.

Goodyear customer service was excellent with it and I'm happy with the prorate offer. New WinterCommand Ultra will be going on them.

gy1.jpg

gy4.jpg

Many (front wheel drive) cars chew up the front tires if not rotated. It looks like she has one of those. Those tires need replaced....not because of the cracks.
Agreed. My fwd Fiesta went through the front tires in no time at all.

Regularly rotating all 5 tires considerably increased tire life.

Back