Spots in the driveway

Our van parks in the driveway mostly. As you can see there are a ton of spots. They aren't oily and it doesn't smell like much. I would assume air conditioning would make more of a large puddle. What could it be?

Screenshot_26.jpg

IMG_20200718_164528.jpg

Wife just got home from shopping, it's dripping now and I think I know where. I have a pan under it now. I'm leaning towards ATF from a cooler line. A little bit of a relief, I was thinking rear main seal blew.

Last edited:
I was going to say that if it was condensation from the AC, there wouldn't be any residual spot left once the moisture dries up. Oils of any kind will leave behind a spot that won't dry or wash away, catching a sample would help to determine what was leaking, then it's simply a matter of tracing where it's leaking from. Looks like you've got a handle on both of those points as well. :cool:

My Hyundai Accent high pressure line rusted away. It was fun to change as it ran along the top of the steering rack. Cheap part. No leak just a catastrophic sudden failure though.

Reactions: JTK
Yeah part was $25 plus an hour of labor at my local shop. Well worth the $100 since it was 96 today.

CLEAN THE DRIVEWAY. It's a perfect 96 degree job.
Get an 8 oz. squirt bottle which can adjust to pin-point pattern and fill it with uncut Purple Power or similar.
Boil up some water
Hose the general area so rinse water doesn't stain any clean surface.
Pour boiling water slowly onto the spots to warm them up.
Shoot accurately with the Purple Power.
Rinse after 2 minutes.
Repeat as necessary.

Back