Speed Queen Washer Keeps on Running

I have an older Speed Queen AWN4328P1187W04. This is the older model before they screwed up and tried to use the front loader parts in the top loaders. I think they have fixed it as of today. Anyways, water won't go in to fill and once you start it in a cycle, it just keeps on going from one cycle to the next. If you start it in Permanent Press and walk away, no water runs in tub but the know will go from one cycle to the next, to the next, etc. It keeps on going and circles round and round and round.

So no water comes in ( I live in city and use a whole house filter) and I checked flow. Flow is fine. The timer knob doesn't know when to quit.

Suggestions?

Is there water at the hose bib? Is there water at the washers solenoid valve? Does the solenoid valve turn on when the timer is at the fill part of the cycle? Added to Hemitom's post.

Last edited:
Since once you turn it on, it keeps on going from one cycle to the next it sure seems the timer must be bad.

I unhooked the hot and cold water hoses from the back of the washer and there is PLENTY of H20 there. LOL.
My wife is a little perturbed at me saturating the wash room.

If I were you, I will post your question in a appliance repair forum?
I have used AppliancePartPros forum before.

Is this machine all analog controls or does it have a board/processor? My thinking would be water sensor but if it has a processor then I would think it would time out looking for a water sensor input and fault out. That leads me down the path of a timer fault that prevents it from sending the output to open the water valve.

On purely mechanical controls the water level switch stops the timer motor to wait for the machine to fill with water. Once it is full of water, the water switch forces the timer motor back on to move the timer dial off of the "wait for water" notch. So I'd look at the water level switch first.

Last edited:
Is this machine all analog controls or does it have a board/processor? My thinking would be water sensor but if it has a processor then I would think it would time out looking for a water sensor input and fault out. That leads me down the path of a timer fault that prevents it from sending the output to open the water valve.
Analog. Just twisty ratchety knobs and such.

Back