Specific questions about a couple ST filters

Newby here and first post:

For my Triumph Bonneville, the Fram oil filter is PH6017A, which is probably a fine filter.

But I'd like to explore a Super Tech alternative, which has led me to:

ST6607
It's 2.5" long and reportedly has a thread size of M20X1.5. Does anyone know the ID/OD of the gasket?

ST7313
It's 3.25" long. Does anyone know the thread size? And how about the gasket ID/OD ??

I think Bob Buckman would know ...

I'd expect the ST6607 and ST7317 are virtually identical in dimensions and gaskets size to the Fram PH6607 and PH7317
1624593952076.jpg

1624594320097.jpg

Comparing to the PH6017 it looks like the PH6607/7317(if the extra length isn't the problem) and all equivalents should work in place of it just fine, the gaskets should be roughly the same size on all equivalent filters from other manufacturers, these are pretty much the smallest filters they make and there really isn't any room to make the gasket any bigger around or closer to the center.

I run an Ultra XG7317 on my Yamaha XSR900. The 6607 is about the same size as the OEM filter. I have just enough room to get the 7317 on, so why not.

Thanks for all responses Bluefeb95 & ZeeOSix!!

I had seen the spec sheet for the Fram PH6017A.
It disappoints me that ST doesn't do the same for its filters !!

So now that we have that straight, does anyone know where to get the ST6607, ST7313, or even XG7313 filter ???

Thanks for all responses Bluefeb95 & ZeeOSix!!

I had seen the spec sheet for the Fram PH6017A.
It disappoints me that ST doesn't do the same for its filters !!

So now that we have that straight, does anyone know where to get the ST6607, ST7313, or even XG7313 filter ???
Walmart

The response from Tasch72 made no sense to me.

Does anyone know where to get the ST6607, ST7313, or even XG7313 filter ???

The response from Tasch72 made no sense to me.

Does anyone know where to get the ST6607, ST7313, or even XG7313 filter ???
merlin_175774851_0ffdb90b-d3b8-4945-a8d8-deb5851a9f7c-superJumbo.jpg

One of these stores?? Supertech products are exclusive to walmart and Fram products can be found at Walmart and Advance Auto Parts

Walmart's the obvious answer. The reason I asked is because - in repeated searching - I do not see a direct link to the items I listed, along with prices and a method to order. and they are NOT on the shelf in the store - I've checked 3-4 different stores. A specific link to these items would be helpful. Please ...

Well it looks like your local store doesn't stock them, although I think the ST7317 may have been discontinued at some point and the st6607 is the universal cross-reference

Well it looks like your local store doesn't stock them, although I think the ST7317 may have been discontinued at some point and the st6607 is the universal cross-reference
Yup, it is discontinued but there is an alternative.

And yes I already know the OP's point.

I put the 6607 on my wife's car, but wished I'd have gotten the 7317 when I saw how small it was; the OEM filter is more along the size of the Fram 7317. Nevertheless, 6607 seems to work fine. After 8 months the old oil came out not that dark anyway using the OEM filter, we'll see how the Supertech does.

Walmart stocks the Fram ph6017a so you could get it from them, also Auto Zone sells the Stp filter that uses the same part number for $4.99 which is still a lot cheaper than the dealer price. My ninja uses this filter so if you have a Kawasaki dealership you could get one for a ninja 650 or Vulcan 900, my dad has that bike but uses the same filter.

I was at a Walmart a long time ago and they had two different Fram ph6017a filters, different boxes but they used the same part number, the one might've been old stock or something but I remember they weren't the same price either as one was cheaper than the other. I haven't used these yet as I still have Kawasaki filters that I'm using up but supposedly the Fram motorcycle filters are of really good quality unlike their standard orange can filter.

I just installed the Fram PH6017A filter.
I was interested in the XG7313 because it's longer, and therefore may filter a little better.

Back