Special pre-curved 2x4 at Home Depot

Depending on what you're building, this might be useful ...
20230605_131324.jpg

Though hideous a builder can still use that as a stud and the home would be structurally sound.

I'd love to see the drywall.
Well more so for the attic as trusses where they're the farthest from view. They select what to where. I remember my job being sorting out brick to where the worse ones were to be used at the top back or sides of the house where they're least seen and to fill in the broken edges better with mortar when I worked in home building. Remember seeing crappy wood they made do with.

have you checked out home depot's competitors 2x 4 's? those look great compared to the other big box store ...lol... I went a week ago to get some 2x4's and they should be hung at high noon for even trying to sell that junk.

Typical Home-Depot quality……..just think, someone loaded that into the rack and said “Good enough!”.
A sad example of the work ethic today 🤔

(edit: My assumption was Home Depot, but insert any brand store and my opinion doesn’t change)

Don't blame me! The seedlings I grow and outplant are straight. What happens 40 + years later is on someone else. I can relate to how that 2 x 4 feels.............last one to be picked for the team, or maybe not picked at all.

Lumber today seems more like balsa wood. Virgin pine lumber is twice as dense. Have you ever drove nails in in dried virgin pine lumber?

Back