Spark plugs change @ 100k

That’s the plan honestly

Honda advertises these to be changed at 100k first time afterwards sooner so I plan do do it next time at 60K perhaps

Car does burn some oil 1-2 Qts at 5k that’s is when I change oil anyway

Burning that much at 5k OCI is not easy on the plugs. If me, and I'm a little nutty for sure!! If the plugs are easy to do then I would drop to 60k due tot he oil burning.....but maybe run 75k and see what they look like. Hopefully, NGK at that mileage is good to go for you.

If they were much cheaper than an auto parts store, they might be fakes. I have been through several sets of Amazon fake NGK plugs. Never again
I'd say about 25% off in comparison to a local auto store but they took extra time to be delivered for some reason

That’s the plan honestly

Honda advertises these to be changed at 100k first time afterwards sooner so I plan do do it next time at 60K perhaps

Car does burn some oil 1-2 Qts at 5k that’s is when I change oil anyway
If your Honda is a GDI model, the plugs are due a bit sooner at 60K. Toyota calls for all of their direct injection engines to get new plugs at 60K. I think I read here Hyundai wants new plugs in the 1.6T every 45K.

Direct injection causes plugs to be replaced sooner. Higher temps/pressures changes the game.

If your Honda is a GDI model, the plugs are due a bit sooner at 60K. Toyota calls for all of their direct injection engines to get new plugs at 60K. I think I read here Hyundai wants new plugs in the 1.6T every 45K.

Direct injection causes plugs to be replaced sooner. Higher temps/pressures changes the game.
This is true on the 2GR-FKS models, on the 4 bangers it is 100-120k miles.

I’m a curmudgeon so there but if asked I’d say someone is running the hell out of that engine especially to use that much oil after 100k. Engines built over the last 20 years will outlast the car if driven normally with minimal maintenance. Hard high RPM blasts when engine is cold shows on those plugs. In my opinion…. You posted. We respond.

I’m a curmudgeon so there but if asked I’d say someone is running the hell out of that engine especially to use that much oil after 100k. Engines built over the last 20 years will outlast the car if driven normally with minimal maintenance. Hard high RPM blasts when engine is cold shows on those plugs. In my opinion…. You posted. We respond.

I'd say that "within the last 10 years" is questionable and dependent on the driver, maintenance schedule and driving habits.

There's plenty of engines being replaced or having major service work done on them before 100k miles today from poor maintenance or even "scheduled" maintenance. These 10k mile oil changes aren't playing out like many thought....

These 10k mile oil changes aren't playing out like many thought....
the Europeans can pull that off - they have stricter oil specs and monitor their engines better.

Now, Toyotas - no such thing. They use ILSAC/API Sx spec oils and no way to monitor engine load/temps/runtime(like Honda, Ford and GM do with their ILMs). I’ve been hearing recent model cars with a horrible racket - owners aren’t going beyond the minimum maintenance or sticking to the 10K OCIs via ToyotaCare.

BMW/M-B and others (Volvo, etc) haven't had great luck with those 10-15k mile oil change intervals and Americans taking them to the dealer on-time for service, either. Bottom line, with DI engines, US accounting/marketing degrees running manufacturing companies, you had better really do some research and learnin' if you plan on keeping your stuff long-term.

BMW/M-B and others (Volvo, etc) haven't had great luck with those 10-15k mile oil change intervals and Americans taking them to the dealer on-time for service, either. Bottom line, with DI engines, US accounting/marketing degrees running manufacturing companies, you had better really do some research and learnin' if you plan on keeping your stuff long-term.
Yup as evidenced by my 205k 1.6l gamma you definitely can get a long life from them if you take some extra care along the way. At the shop I work at I service many fleet GDI Kia souls and TGDI Chevy's and most of them following bare bones maintenance schedules have problems past 100k.

Back