Spark plug help!

Just purchased a new Suzuki outboard, 20hp- Stocking up on parts and having trouble with spark plugs, all the cross reference websites have no info on this plug and every site that has them listed they are $15-20 each, 2 Cylinder motor, I find this a tad ridiculous- any spark plug gurus out there that can help my find another plug (or another number for the same plug!)
Suzuki part - 09482-00661
NGK MR6k-9

I dont see anything under just MR6K either, or even anything with an M code on that NGK website.

What's the model of the motor?

NGK shows 2 - 20HP

Screenshot 2023-02-21 043227.jpg

Screenshot 2023-02-21 043210.jpg

it is a DF20A, I didnt see the look up by motor function, was just looking for that part number, odd Suzuki gives it a different number (that isnt found on ngk website) appears this NGK 6899 CPR6EA-9 is what NGK recommends on their website, i will go with that.

Thank you very much for your help, these are closer to $6 and appear to be available everywhere.

Maybe its a part made for Suzuki so they can charge big $ for it.

You'll be able to tell pretty quickly if you order one up and compare it to the OEM one. Hope they work!

Maybe its a part made for Suzuki so they can charge big $ for it.

You'll be able to tell pretty quickly if you order one up and compare it to the OEM one. Hope they work!
Reminds me of the old days when MOPAR was on the spark plug from the dealer and all it was a Champion spark plug but cost a bunch more...and it looks like they still do it...

Suzuki used to have an oil filters for it's motorcycles , where there were no cross reference aftermarket oil filters to fit. Then a few guys started making adapters that would screw filter housing. Then you could use a universal brand of filter. But there might not be enough room to do that same thing, for spark plugs.,,,

I dont see anything under just MR6K either, or even anything with an M code on that NGK website.
The M may stand for marine. Manufacturers will make marine versions of there plugs where the metal portion will be made of something that is corrosion resistant such as stainless. Otherwise the plug would be the same as a non M version.

I ended up ordering what I think is the iridium version of CPR6EA-9, CR6EIA-9 - which hopefully will work, I will check them closely with the original plugs the motor came with.

Back