SPAM Flooding My SPAM Folder

Do you think I should delete my email account to get rid of the SPAM? I did with my Yahoo! email account years ago because it got way too much SPAM from when I'd sign petitions and things like that. Now one of my 2 gmail accounts has 330 SPAM emails in my SPAM folder.
Once in a while gmail will send an email meant for me to the SPAM folder and I'll find it there, lost between lots of SPAM emails.
Or should I go back and unsubscribe from these emails I never subscribed to get in the first place?
I could have about 5 emails from Spectrum if I wanted them but then I'd have to go back to using a mail client like Mozilla Thunderbird, which I used and liked for years. Once I got on Gmail I liked it quite a bit.

I have had my Gmail account since early Gmail beta. My spam folder may get 100 spams/day and I really don't care. I may glance through for false positives and find one once or twice a month, but never anything important. The price for GMail is good and the service is very reliable. If you aren't using multi-factor authentication with GMail, then turn it on today, like NOW. Without two factor authentication (MFA), if someone steals your account through a weak or stolen password, you will never get the account back. GMail offers no support, zero.

Ideally you should have two email accounts.

One for personal business (family and friends) plus banking (and only banking). And a second one for everything else like Amazon, paperless bills, etc.

Scott

I have had my Gmail account since early Gmail beta. My spam folder may get 100 spams/day and I really don't care. I may glance through for false positives and find one once or twice a month, but never anything important. The price for GMail is good and the service is very reliable. If you aren't using multi-factor authentication with GMail, then turn it on today, like NOW. Without two factor authentication (MFA), if someone steals your account through a weak or stolen password, you will never get the account back. GMail offers no support, zero.
And then attackers can use that email to get access to other accounts, by sending a password recovery email for all your accounts under that email.

Unsubscribing from spam emails can backfire on you as well. That just tells the sender that there is a live person connected to that account.

Doesn’t Gmail let you set up a auto-delete function so the emails in the spam folder will delete after a time frame you choose, ie 30 days?

If your email address has been found in multiple data breaches it's done for. I checked my email addresses on haveibeenpwned.com and unfortunately I had to get rid of long time email addresses. Fortunately Outlook has added an alias function so I can create disposable emails for personal, work, etc.

If your email address has been found in multiple data breaches it's done for.
Ummm, you left out the important and critical part and it's NOT your email address. It's your password that is the issue, especially when people use the same password at many places.

Now one of my 2 gmail accounts has 330 SPAM emails in my SPAM folder.
Remember what Forrest Gump said, "That’s good! One less thing." You can't stop or avoid spam but in your case, it sounds like Google is going a **** good job about it for you. Delete your Gmail accounts, start over, then repeat this every few years 'cause it will just come right back over time.

Doesn’t Gmail let you set up a auto-delete function so the emails in the spam folder will delete after a time frame you choose, ie 30 days?
I don't know if you can change the time frame but by default it's 30 days. You can manually delete them earlier or more often but why bother. I don't even check my SPAM folder anymore.

I always check my spam folder every time I check my inbox, only takes a couple seconds to check and delete them. I see good emails get marked as spam all the time.

It was bad getting 20-50 spam messages a day, especially when important messages get caught in the mix. My email password also got compromised so I kept getting failed password attempt notifications from other countries. Then the sextortion scams got really bad with (old) confidential info being exposed.

Back