Soups and stews: what do you folks make?

We recently got an Instant Pot - been making lots of soups and stews. I made chicken and dumplings with chicken breast the other day that turned out really well. Lots of bean soups, too.

Love borscht! Red or white.

Oh, man. My grandfather loved that stuff. With boiled potatoes. No one else in the house would eat it. Especially me.

We are in soup making cycle at home.

Good ones we've made are butternut squash which is a very easy soup to make. Stuffed cabbage soup was last week. This week we have beef barley. Next week is chicken noodle. That's more involved.

I make mostly hunter's stew, goulash, cream of wild mushroom/asparagus/broccoli soup, and occasionally bouillabaisse. I also like tomato soup but my son hates it so I have if only when he's not around. He says all tomato soup smells like cat sick. Poor kid.

We made chili tonight if that counts lol. I didn’t eat any but my parents seem to like it. The soups we make are potato, New England clam chowder, chicken noodle. Sometimes we will make beef stew as well but I don’t eat that either lol I don’t know why but I just don’t care for it. Also we have tried to make wonton soup at home too that one didn’t do to well. When my mom cooks she wants to do everything her way instead of the way the package says which is why we rarely cook at home.

If you mean from scratch, I make all kinds of soups, stews and chilli concoctions. One of my favorites is chicken and rice. Three ingredients.
A whole chicken. Salt. Rice. Well four ingredients if you count the water. Makes a huge pot of comfort food.

Please elaborate. 😇
Like when we make tacos instead of pouring the amount of seasoning the container says she just either dumps not enough on it or way too much then when confronted about her mistake she gets all upset and says well I cook all day at work then have to come home and do it again so don’t say anything if you want it a certain way do it yourself. With a few words added to that. Or like when it’s time to make mashed potatoes she pours way too much water in them. Or tonight she did with the chili and instead of 7 cups of water she put 5 because she said she didn’t have all day because she refuses to cook after 6:30 and now she is saying man this doesn’t taste right after saying it tasted good 🤣.

I make mostly hunter's stew, goulash, cream of wild mushroom/asparagus/broccoli soup, and occasionally bouillabaisse. I also like tomato soup but my son hates it so I have if only when he's not around. He says all tomato soup smells like cat sick. Poor kid.
I love all kinds of fish soups and stews.

Like when we make tacos instead of pouring the amount of seasoning the container says she just either dumps not enough on it or way too much then when confronted about her mistake she gets all upset and says well I cook all day at work then have to come home and do it again so don’t say anything if you want it a certain way do it yourself. With a few words added to that. Or like when it’s time to make mashed potatoes she pours way too much water in them. Or tonight she did with the chili and instead of 7 cups of water she put 5 because she said she didn’t have all day because she refuses to cook after 6:30 and now she is saying man this doesn’t taste right after saying it tasted good 🤣.
All those poor, poor children. :ROFLMAO:

I think your mom wants you to be more hands-on in the kitchen. Keep criticizing her and risk wearing a colander for a hat some time soon.

Back