Songs that you simply never liked? Or can't stand.

What makes The Monkees different from modern boy bands is that all four of them were seasoned musicians before they came together as a “TV Band”. All four had solo music careers prior to The Monkees. Then my best friend always says The Monkees was a rip-off of “A Hard Day’s Night”.

Here’s a group most people don’t know about. The “original” Nirvana:

What The Beatles basically invented was “beat”. Before that we had doo-wop,rockabilly,blues,and folk.

Their actual genre is a “beat band”. Then turning into of course a pop band.

Never liked this song.

Too juvenile too loud too bad and he most certainly can be saved.

Sometimes I let it play for awhile if it on the radio.. until I realize I'm not 14 anymore. I'm not sure I even liked it then...

Didn't go through 18 pages of posts, but for me it's "My Way". It's a horrible song with a lousy message. Frank Sinatra absolutely hated the song but it's what people wanted to hear during his concerts.

Didn't go through 18 pages of posts, but for me it's "My Way". It's a horrible song with a lousy message. Frank Sinatra absolutely hated the song but it's what people wanted to hear during his concerts.

Ol' Blue Eyes.

I suppose he maybe the most famous crooner.. Elvis did some good croonin' too!

I guess even he had to "Give the people what they want."

What The Beatles basically invented was “beat”. Before that we had doo-wop,rockabilly,blues,and folk.

Their actual genre is a “beat band”. Then turning into of course a pop band.

Indeed, that's an excellent description of that progression and the foundation of what we now call rock music. We've got so many more genres and sub genres now (and there's some debate of what's what there) it is really incredible, though of course one could argue that some, perhaps a great deal of it, is derivative.

One of the ones that bugs me is the taking of cuts from classic songs and "rapifying" them. This was done with Eye of the Tiger and it just strikes me as lazy. It's not a cover, you are just butchering a classic.

Indeed, that's an excellent description of that progression and the foundation of what we now call rock music. We've got so many more genres and sub genres now (and there's some debate of what's what there) it is really incredible, though of course one could argue that some, perhaps a great deal of it, is derivative.

One of the ones that bugs me is the taking of cuts from classic songs and "rapifying" them. This was done with Eye of the Tiger and it just strikes me as lazy. It's not a cover, you are just butchering a classic.

I think I like George Harrison the best.

As to "rapifying" them.. There is a reason I don't listen to the radio anymore, unless I know the era that is being played :)

^^Absolutely!! I couldn't agree more!!

Here's a little music history. Jim Peterik,lead singer for Survivor was the lead singer for this group in 1966:

That's an awful recording (mono vinyl rip?) but definitely sounds heavily influenced by a certain other band we've been discussing :ROFLMAO:
Definitely a vinyl rip straight from the 45. I have a copy of that 45 and that's exactly how it sounds. Lo fi garage rock,probably recorded at Jim's house. I like their garage era stuff MUCH better than their horn-rock hit "Vehicle".

OK, will listen after this Nightwish song finishes.

I assume you know Fade to Black? I know that was a hugely influential song for later metal bands.
Fade To Black by Metallica? LOVE that song!! Minor chord heavy metal (especially the folky intro) at its finest!!

Back