Someone dumps a mattress on your property

Speaking of dumping. Today I noticed a pretty sizeable boat and old trailer left beside a field. The ID stickers were removed from the boat. Not going to be easy to get rid of. I hope they can somehow identify the owner of this boat. If it wound up on my property I would go over it with a fine tooth comb to figure out who owns it.

My sis in law’s stepdad has a farm. They said routinely animals are simply left there and they find it annoying. Usually cats but other animals as well…this is pre Blink / Nest etc. maybe no longer but sis in law is now estranged from her mom

Speaking of dumping. Today I noticed a pretty sizeable boat and old trailer left beside a field. The ID stickers were removed from the boat. Not going to be easy to get rid of. I hope they can somehow identify the owner of this boat. If it wound up on my property I would go over it with a fine tooth comb to figure out who owns it.
Put a motor on if it floats and go fishing...lol

If dumped on the Road Right of Way, it becomes the responsibility of the maintenance organization (Township/City/County/State etc...). The agency I work for has a budget you'd choke on the number to get rid of all the stuff dumped in the ROW.

If on your property, you are it.

Previous employer had a code officer who worked with the Sherriff's office - they loved finding remnants of addresses and names and such in things dumped in the ROW and on others property. They wrote plenty of citations for illegal dumping... All depends on whether law enforcement gives it any priority.

If it was in the side of the road you might be fall under the rules for an abandoned vehicle. My county has an ordinance for abandoned vehicles on personal property where a deputy inspectes it and tries to contact any previous owners. If there's no response you get paperwork that lets you dispose of it.

You see lots of trash dumped by the side of the road, usually things that would cost money to dispose of properly.
Why should I have to buy a bag to dispose of a mattress?
Why should I pay five bucks each to dispose of tires?
I'll just throw this refuse out of the bed of my truck and make it someone else's problem.
We seem increasingly to live in a country overrun with people with no sense of shame or personal responsibility.

I know a guy who burned mattresses at night because the previous owner of his home left them behind and the county he lived in had nothing available for disposal.

The reason he burned them at night was so the smoke wasn’t visible.
It’s not the right thing to do, but I’d do the same. Burn enough stuff and even the steel will disappear!

It’s not the right thing to do, but I’d do the same. Burn enough stuff and even the steel will disappear!
Burning mattress smells bad, do it on a hot or freezing evening when no one else is trying to sit around outside

Burning mattress smells bad, do it on a hot or freezing evening when no one else is trying to sit around outside
😏
IMG_7200.jpeg

This week we got the second most rain on record for the first week of December here so I imagine the mattress weighs about 100 pounds more then it did. The mattresses are on people’s property.

You see lots of trash dumped by the side of the road, usually things that would cost money to dispose of properly.
Why should I have to buy a bag to dispose of a mattress?
Why should I pay five bucks each to dispose of tires?
I'll just throw this refuse out of the bed of my truck and make it someone else's problem.
We seem increasingly to live in a country overrun with people with no sense of shame or personal responsibility.

Sad part is that the county dump here takes a lot of that stuff for FREE and they STILL illegally dump it.

Back