some movement when letting off the brake..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this was asked on here a few years ago, but don't remember the answer. On my 2005 Chevy Trailblazer, sometimes at a stop, as I am letting off the brake, something moves. It feels like either the transmission or the rear axle.Can anyone help with this? I have experienced this in other vehicles.

I am not sure what you are exlplaining. Is there any shaking, sounds, or anything. I assume the car will idle forward in first when you take your foot off the brake. When doing that, dose it act up or sputter?

No sputter, just when I start to let off the brake, something "lets go", like the emergency brake was on and I let it off. But this happens at intermittent times. I have not isolated the type of braking that causes it to happen.

Check your spec sheet. See if you've got a LSD. It's funky on my buddy's 2004 S10. It would feel like you're starting off and then released the parking brake. You could even here kink-kink-kink a few times and it felt like it was spooling up before transmitting power to either wheel. This was especially true if backing up and moving at angles ..like when parking or pulling out of parking spaces (3 point turns ..etc.).

I wonder if maybe the front brakes are releasing first, so the drums are loading the rear axle up a bit on its springs before it lets go. You would have to be pointing downhill so the weight of the truck is helping it move... as the power, naturally, is going to the rear axle.

On my GM disc/drum combo cars, the drums can be real sticky on the first stop of the day if it's been sitting a few days and humidity has gotten in.

Gary, it does have the G80, locking differential. I will have to make it engage in the supposed bad weather that is on the way. The Trailblazer has 4 wheel disc brakes, the vehicles in the past that I felt this on had front disc, rear drum. Would a bad tranny or engine mount cause this type of feeling?

Tough to decipher on the internet, but I'd check your brakes first.
A total cleaning and lubrication first, then see if this feeling still occurs. We can go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back