Some BBQ pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't put any up for awhile and I know there are some hardcore BBQ fans here. This is a 14.3 lb chuck roll which comes from the beef shoulder and supplies chuck roasts and chuck steaks. Rubbed with TexasBBQRub's brisket blend and cooked for 14.5 hours on my little Weber workhorse using pecan wood. Most of it went to a large get together and made some incredible fajitas. The chuck roll may be my favorite cut of meat to smoke.

Smoke3-13-09002.jpg

Smoke3-13-09007.jpg

Smoke3-13-09008.jpg

Smoke3-13-09010.jpg

Smoke3-13-09016.jpg

Smoke3-13-09017.jpg

Oh Man!
20.gif

I also love to smoke ribs and other meats. Tried about 15 different rib rubs to find the best combination of 3.

I only live in Michigan. I will follow the scent trail to your doorstep.

And there better be some left!!

Lordy that looks delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We all need to head over to farrar`s house for dinner! :^)

Originally Posted By: tpitcher
Oh Man!
20.gif

I also love to smoke ribs and other meats. Tried about 15 different rib rubs to find the best combination of 3.

I've tried a lot of different rubs as well as making my own and have setteld on using nothing but TexasBBQRub's products. They can't be beat and can be can be ordered at: http://www.texasbbqrub.com

ZZ, sorry not much left and what was, was taken home by some of the attendees.

Buster it was really good. That was the smallest I could find, they run well over 20 lbs.

Nice! Looks delicious.

That is some smoker there... Can anyone recommend a smaller smoker for a smaller piece of meat?

I want some right now...

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Nice! Looks delicious.

That is some smoker there... Can anyone recommend a smaller smoker for a smaller piece of meat?

I want some right now...

That's a Weber Smoky Mountain and it's actually the smallest of the four smokers I own.If you want to buy a small smoker I HIGHLY recomend one of these.They come in 18.5" and 22" models, mine is the 18.5" model.

Originally Posted By: farrarfan1
Oh Man!
20.gif

I've tried a lot of different rubs as well as making my own and have setteld on using nothing but TexasBBQRub's products. They can't be beat and can be can be ordered at: http://www.texasbbqrub.com

Buster it was really good. That was the smallest I could find, they run well over 20 lbs.

Ok, may have to try 'em.

I'll only give away one of my three: John Henry's East Texas Hickory Rib Rub.

Originally Posted By: farrarfan1
Oh Man!
20.gif

Ok, may have to try 'em.

I'll only give away one of my three: John Henry's East Texas Hickory Rib Rub.

Good stuff. Let's see, Plowboys? Dizzy Pig? Not gonna say anymore are you?
wink.gif

Now you have made me mad. All I can think about is BBQ. I will have to send the wife to the butcher tomorrow to pick us up 10 pounds of brisket. She makes her own sauce that her grandmother taught her how to make many years ago in Texas.

Now all I need to see is another Sonic commercial on ESPN. I love Sonic hamburgers also.

Looks good, never done the shredded beef thing before.

The price on the meat is insane.

That would be $90 made out of plain ordinary cow down here.

Shannow,

Try it - Your friends & family will love it!

There are plenty of recipes showing how to do this on the internet or we can walk you through it.

I've got the Big BBQ bible...made a forced induction hibachi to cook thick T-Bones hot and quickly, can make jerky on a snail trail of (synthetic) charcoal.

First frost last night, must do some BBQ before it gets cold.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Now you have made me mad. All I can think about is BBQ. I will have to send the wife to the butcher tomorrow to pick us up 10 pounds of brisket. She makes her own sauce that her grandmother taught her how to make many years ago in Texas.

Now all I need to see is another Sonic commercial on ESPN. I love Sonic hamburgers also.

Here's a brisket I did awhile back.Notice the juice all over the cutting board. Give you something to think about until tomorrow.
grin2.gif

brisket3014.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back