Solved 2004 Lincoln/ Ford TMPS issue with SCHRADER 20096

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Discount Tire installed four new SCHRADER 20096 TMPS (programmed/ purchased from RockAuto) for my 2004 Lincoln Navigator last week. Discount Tire could not get the SCHRADER 20096 sensors to register with the Navigator using their high tech scanning tool.

Did some research and purchased a $15 device on Amazon. It did not work and further research identified this $15 tool worked with Fords typically 2007 and newer. Watched another video about a magnet being the trick. Tried the magnet and no success. Finally watched a guy on youtube that let air out of the tire.

It worked. Not the high tech scanner, not the Amazon Chinese tool, not the magnet. Let air out of the tires. About 18 seconds per tire.

Was about to buy an expensive TPMS scanning tool. Instead, not a single tool required to install (program)and reset SCHRADER 20096 on a 2004 Ford.

Should also mention Schrader might have the worst web-site for product description/ support I have ever seen from a global auto part manufacturer.

Last edited:
TPMS can be unpredictable. I installed a set of used factory Lincoln aluminum alloy wheels and tires on a co-workers Edge, the year and model of the Lincoln escapes me at the moment. My co-worker has a friend that works at a Ford dealer, that verfied that the sensors would not work on his Edge. It didn't matter to my co-worker as he was just after the appearance of the wheels versus steel wheels. Well, they worked, never even skipped a beat.

Reactions: GON
There is an ongoing issue with the replacement sensor for these and programming. Here is the notes they give us:

4L2Z 1A150BB ENG#:CU2J1A189AA
Part Name:KIT - TPMS SENSOR Date Off B/O:00/00/00 B/O Ranking:
bar_r.gif
corner_bl.gif
bar_b.gif
corner_br.gif

corner_tl.gif
corner_tr.gif
bar_l.gif
Line NumberDateNPA Remarks
1​
SAME AS 4L2Z-1A150-BA EXCEPT INCLUDES INTRUCTION SHEET
2​
------------------------------------------------------------
3​
ISSUE: THE SENSOR IN THIS KIT IS AN UPDATED VERSION OF THE
4​
11113 PART SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED FOR YOUR VEHICLE. SENSORS CAN'T
5​
11113 BE TRAINED WITH MAGNET TOOL #204-324.USE EITHER TRAINING
6​
11113 TOOL 204-363 OR 204-D081. BOTH OF THESE TOOLS ARE DESIGNED
7​
11113 TO WORK WITH PREVIOUS VERSIONS OF THIS SENSOR.
8​
11113 NOTE: THE TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM (TPMS) SENSOR
9​
11113 TRAINING PROCEDURE CAN BE FOUND IN SECTION 204-04 (WHEELS AN
10​
11113 AND TIRES) OF THE SERVICE MANUAL.

Back