Sold my P-09...now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I don't know. Many because fans of the platform are so insistent that it's the only one to get!"

You answered the way I thought you would. You are not alone in that thought
smile.gif

IMO there is no bad choice between the two, get the one that fits your hand the best. If your "gut" weighs more on your mind than your "heart" get the Glock and be happy.

BTW, M&P's are in competition shooting the same as Glock...they drive the same tacks.

Originally Posted By: cbear
Saying something firearms related is undisputed is ridiculous.

True

Glocks are to handguns as Harley's are to motorcycles, no sense debating the virtues of other makes...

Originally Posted By: dnewton3
As a Glock certified armorer for nearly 20 years, I am clearly biased.

There are Glocks, and then there's the copies of a Glock.

Of course, anything D Newton3 doesn't like is junk.

Take a look at the M&P Pro Series with the 5" barrel- great range gun.

Originally Posted By: kozanoglu
How about a Stoeger Cougar by Beretta?

I had one of those, traded it in on the newer Px4. The Stoegers are nice for the money though.

Well, I bought a gun. I didn't buy a copy of a Glock. And I didn't buy a Glock. I bought something made of steel, and from Damascus Gun Shop. I'll post pictures when I get it...hopefully tomorrow.

Originally Posted By: dwcopple
G17. Best gun ever made, undisputed king
Doubt it.

Originally Posted By: FastGame
A real nice CZ 75B ? or $$$$ Dan Wesson 1911 ?

The Dan Wesson 1911s are really nice, but a little too pricey for me right now. A local pawn shop has a B model in stock, but I'm not one who's big on manual safeties, so no, I didn't buy a B. Hmmm...what did I get...? I guess I'll just have to wait and see when my FFL calls (hopefully tomorrow)...
smile.gif

Frankly I think you did the wrong thing. But I understand firearms are highly personal. In fact I sold my Glock 17 and bought a CZ P-09. The P-09 is just so much nicer than the Glock. Better trigger, way more accurate, easier to shoot, etc. for the CZ.

The Glock trigger is somewhat fixable as are the sights, but the feel still drove me nuts. The only Glock I have now is my gun project Gen 3 Glock 20SF Longslide. In work. I have all sorts of 6" barrels: 10mm, .40S&W, 357Sig, 9x25. I built the slide, and just installed the TruGlo Fiber Optic Red/Green sights. I'm just starting to work on the trigger (which to me makes a Glock a lot more accurate when done properly).

longslide.jpg

Originally Posted By: Pablo
The P-09 is just so much nicer than the Glock.

I don't intend to speak down on other brands, but I'll just say that I have come to the same conclusion after inspecting both the Glock and the M&P very closely.

My buddy liked my P-09 so much, be bought a CZ 75 D PCR, and I absolutely fell in love the minute I put it in my hand. So I bought what I should have bought in the beginning: a metal CZ...but a full size model. And USPS says that it's out for delivery to my FFL, so I hope to post pictures this evening.

After shopping Glocks and M&Ps extensively now, if I find myself shopping for a full size polymer pistol again, I'll buy another CZ P-09. Ironically, they've come down in price enough that I can buy a new one on Buds for just $30 more than I sold my old one for. I feel very fortunate to have found a buyer willing to pay good money for a well taken care of flawless example of a P-09.

My CZ was delivered to my FFL about 15 minutes before they closed for the day yesterday, so I'll have to pick it up tomorrow.

I bought a CZ 75 BD Police. A few photos below (not mine). The "D" in "BD" means it's got a decocker instead of the manual thumb safety. All other aspects are the same as a regular CZ 75 B. Except that this is also a Police model. The Police adds or changes from the regular BD models:

- Small loaded chamber indicator post on the top of the slide (most 75s don't have one).

- Serrations on the trigger (most 75s have a smooth trigger).

- Checkering on the front and back straps of the grip (most 75s are smooth here).

- Rubberized grip panels (most 75s have plastic grip panels).

r06NHUk.jpg

0218e%20%2013.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

The Police models are hard to find. They share the same CZ part number as the regular BD models, and it's just luck of the draw in terms of what CZ-USA gets from across the pond. I tried to find one used, but they're just not out there...I checked with Damascus Gun Shop and they confirmed that the three BD models they had in stock when I ordered mine were all Police models, so I promptly ordered and paid for one.

I'll be at my FFL's doorstep when they open in the morning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back