Sold car 5 years ago, buyer just had it picked up today.

I sold this 2008 Volvo on Ebay in 2018 for $8,600 to a Canadian lawyer who planned on keeping it at a winter home in the U.S. he hadn’t bought yet. He was going to buy a house in a few months so I had no problem holding it for him since the sale price was good. After 3 months and no house, we agreed to $100 a month storage and I thought it would be just a few months. That turned out to be over 5 years. I’m not complaining as it’s over $6,000 for just storing something. He says he hasn’t found a place to buy, but since the car turned 15 years old, he can import it to Canada hassle free now.

001.jpg

1.jpg

After the first couple of months, I would of told him pick it up or it would be stored in an impound lot.

Who insured it? Was it insured in storage?
Insured against what? It's not being driven.

After the first couple of months, I would of told him pick it up or it would be stored in an impound lot.
If you don't think making $100 a month for renting out air space is a sweat deal, I can't help you.

Insured against what? It's not being driven.

If you don't think making $100 a month for renting out air space is a sweat deal, I can't help you.

Things happen in storage. Mice, Fires, etc.

You just didn't have anything happen.

You got lucky nothing bad happened, but in the end that worked out nicely for you... $6K for doing nothing. Not bad!

What if your building burned down? Property of others is often excluded.
Things happen in storage. Mice, Fires, etc.

You just didn't have anything happen.
You got lucky nothing bad happened, but in the end that worked out nicely for you... $6K for doing nothing. Not bad!
Really? You folks always have a negative attitude about things like this in life? It's a cinder block unit in a warehouse condo. I don't store flammables or combustibles there. What are the chances? And the chances of a fire being my fault is about as likely as an earth quake happening and the walls falling down. If a fire was caused by another unit, I assume THEY would be responsible for damages. I don't have insurance on over $100K of my cars so I'm not worrying about this one.

Really? You folks always have a negative attitude about things like this in life? It's a cinder block unit in a warehouse condo. I don't store flammables or combustibles there. What are the chances? And the chances of a fire being my fault is about as likely as an earth quake happening and the walls falling down. If a fire was caused by another unit, I assume THEY would be responsible for damages. I don't have insurance on over $100K of my cars so I'm not worrying about this one.

How was I negative? I literally said "not bad" and that it "worked out nicely"... what is your problem?

I don't store flammables or combustibles there
I'm guessing you store vehicles in there without gasoline in them? If you have vehicles stored with fuel in them, you most certainly have some very flammable stuff in the storage building.

If you don't have insurance on $100,000.00 worth of assets....I don't know what to tell you-without you getting offended.

I sold this 2008 Volvo on Ebay in 2018 for $8,600 to a Canadian lawyer who planned on keeping it at a winter home in the U.S. he hadn’t bought yet. He was going to buy a house in a few months so I had no problem holding it for him since the sale price was good. After 3 months and no house, we agreed to $100 a month storage and I thought it would be just a few months. That turned out to be over 5 years. I’m not complaining as it’s over $6,000 for just storing something. He says he hasn’t found a place to buy, but since the car turned 15 years old, he can import it to Canada hassle free now.

View attachment 162616

View attachment 162617
They never sold that model in Canada? Canada seems to get alot lof sportier vehicles than we do in the USA. How odd.

Back