Solar system ... price, duration, etc. from sales pitch

Selling the monthly payment.... works for all products... mastered by auto dealerships, jewelry sellers, .... its only $275 a month for the rest of your life. For $5 more, you can get a back rub every month at our office too.

If you need windows, you do them as required. If you need a roof, then you take care of it as required. Everyone should save/plan for the normal house maintenance items as needed.

If you live in a hellacious state, and you know what is coming, your options are to leave the state, or adapt to whatever is planned for the future.

Lost track of the number of solar panel companies, and supporting products, that have gone bankrupt over the last 30 years.... I have little faith in warranties or guaranties, in any company, or any promise. Enjoy the extra lien on the property.

My recommendation is simple. DIY if possible, and the sooner you start, the better off you are if you don't want to leave. Windows can be done at any time. Roof, if ancient, needs to be addressed prior to a full solar install. Pay as you go. Solar is not much more than a car purchase.

If it lasts, great. If it doesn't, so be it. I've seen plenty of heartburn when addressing issues that early adopters have experienced. I just don't see the quality of the product improved that much.

Its an extremely high profit product, with dirtbag sales staff and hack installers. Welcome to the new world.

I just did 9.5kw for 24k, now I wish I had just done Max T1 Size(10kw AC).

Biggest energy driver in my house in my HVAC (SEER 20) which accounts for a significant portion (>50%) of my bill during the summer, nothing I can do to save power other than sweat which is not an option

30% Tax rebate is great and FPL just released the rates for next year 7.4% increase which makes the ROI a little better but FPL has reduced rates before as well.
I have 13 seer lol. When it dies ill upgrade and offset my new EV

Selling the monthly payment.... works for all products... mastered by auto dealerships, jewelry sellers, .... its only $275 a month for the rest of your life. For $5 more, you can get a back rub every month at our office too.

If you need windows, you do them as required. If you need a roof, then you take care of it as required. Everyone should save/plan for the normal house maintenance items as needed.

If you live in a hellacious state, and you know what is coming, your options are to leave the state, or adapt to whatever is planned for the future.

Lost track of the number of solar panel companies, and supporting products, that have gone bankrupt over the last 30 years.... I have little faith in warranties or guaranties, in any company, or any promise. Enjoy the extra lien on the property.

My recommendation is simple. DIY if possible, and the sooner you start, the better off you are if you don't want to leave. Windows can be done at any time. Roof, if ancient, needs to be addressed prior to a full solar install. Pay as you go. Solar is not much more than a car purchase.

If it lasts, great. If it doesn't, so be it. I've seen plenty of heartburn when addressing issues that early adopters have experienced. I just don't see the quality of the product improved that much.

Its an extremely high profit product, with dirtbag sales staff and hack installers. Welcome to the new world.
Silfab made my panels, and SMA the inverters. You can google how long both have existed.

A monthly payment...is what the electrical company gets of me as well. Panels stabalize it against rising. They will be paid off in 20y if I dont do anything to pay them sooner. Panels still warrantied.

I have a 2500 sf home, gas heat, gas water heater, gas stove. We have a 4-ton and 2-ton AC/Furnace system. 1.5HP and 3/4HP pool pump. Just two of us in the home. All (95%) LED light bulbs. We do not have computers running at all.

Tesla says we need a 13kW system....
6 tons of capacity and ya don't think it's oversized eh?

I have 3 tons for same SF and we're oversized.

The title of this thread , combined with my outstanding ability to overthink and misinterpret things led me to think of an alien realtor touting our solar system:

"Nice little system ... only 4.5 light-years from Alpha C, and it's got a smallish sun with billions of years left before it reaches red dwarf status. Eight planets, nine if you count Pluto, and the third one, Terra, is completely appropriate for carbon-based lifeforms. If you like gas giants, it's got a couple of beauties a bit farther out."

Back