Soft Jaw Pliers

I was looking for something better than the red covers commonly used over the pliers jaws and found these from the Japanese company IPS. These things are nice!
These are useful for twisting stuck hoses without damaging the rubber or silicone, holding and turning plastic and aluminum pieces or anything you don't want to damage the surface on.
They are not a replacement for regular pliers, their use is light duty. The jaws are retained with a screw and have smooth gripping teeth, the slip joint ones come with the jaws installed and no spares in the package.

The water pump one come with a spare set of jaw inserts and screws, it also uses a unique spring mechanism on the jaws. The fit and finish is very nice, made in Japan with a what looks like a black chrome finish.

IMG_0601.JPG

IMG_0603.JPG

IMG_0604.JPG

Certainly looks better than the hack I use.....dirty rag in the jaws :sick: that never seems to work well.

05DAB1CF-E301-4D3B-8DBC-12B53DD63432.jpeg

I wonder if I can use these soft jaws to get these two sockets apart? I got them at the pawn shop in a big box and I need both sizes so I don’t want to ruin them heating them up and don’t want to scar them up.

Nice looking Soft Jawed Pliers.
If I saw a person using those, I'd have to believe they knew what they were doing.

I'm a penny-pincher and cut up a bicycle Inner Tube and slip it over the jaws.

Back