Sobriety

Poison water. I try to avoid it at all costs. Living and coming from a family of alcoholics its best to avoid it. I really don't have the time for it or the desire plus it takes too much time and energy to recover. Its best to focus on more positive things in life and change your lifestyle. I found the friends that surrounded me were a bad influence and you have to do what needs to be done. Best of luck.

Another day completed and my GP filled a script for some medicine to help. This is getting to be fun again. I'm enjoying waking up boringly unhungover and ready for the day. Fuel pump getting replaced tomorrow as its pettering out as well as blue pentofrost coolant and cvt fluid drain/fill.
As others have said, watch out for the meds. It's true that I got through my first weekend by drinking coffee and eating M & Ms, and that much caffeine is kind of mood-altering too. But if you're like me, you could get addicted to almost anything you like doing, eating, or drinking.

Congratulations on 8 days! "Boringly unhungover" -- yes, it's a constant delight.

About 20 years ago watched a friend having trouble with hard liquor and I thought to myself if that's what I'm like when drunk, I never want to be like that again. I think of it as poison, no matter how they flavor, color or carbonate alcohol, it is poison to the body. Why pay to poison yourself...

Learn to follow your interest each moment, happiness will follow naturally. As much as you can, make everything interesting and/or fun.

And congratulations on becoming aware of putting alcohol behind you. It is such big past-time and hard to get away from with all the influences out there.

About 20 years ago watched a friend having trouble with hard liquor and I thought to myself if that's what I'm like when drunk, I never want to be like that again. I think of it as poison, no matter how they flavor, color or carbonate alcohol, it is poison to the body. Why pay to poison yourself...
. . .

A couple of years ago I was at a party, talking to one of the graduate students who was sipping a beer. The scent of "skunk" that came from her breath (and no, she didn't have bad breath normally) made me think, "My God, I used to smell like that?"

And I do think of the brown bottles as roach poison sitting on the shelves, and pass them by without a thought. (Well, usually. When I'm tired or hungry, I might have a sneaking bit of temptation. Glancing at the prices cures me of that.)

Last edited:
Great work on staying sober for three days, RedlineOilUser!

I do not have the experience to answer your question, but we can all encourage you. Keep up the good work, buddy.

Here is to day 11! Leapfrogging the posts a bit, but, 'tis a beautiful thing.

I can't lie to you and say that I have ever had to go down the path of AA (I dont drink.. sometimes. But rarely. It doesn't do anything for me, really, and with all the trouble it could even potentially get you in.. not worth it. It doesn't even taste THAT good but. Hey) but I do know family members that have.. and they are happy with their lives and truly changed people, having not had a drink.

How are you doing so far and how are you feeling, RedlineOilUser?

Here is to day 11! Leapfrogging the posts a bit, but, 'tis a beautiful thing.

I can't lie to you and say that I have ever had to go down the path of AA (I dont drink.. sometimes. But rarely. It doesn't do anything for me, really, and with all the trouble it could even potentially get you in.. not worth it. It doesn't even taste THAT good but. Hey) but I do know family members that have.. and they are happy with their lives and truly changed people, having not had a drink.

How are you doing so far and how are you feeling, RedlineOilUser?
Still dry.I think its getting better each day.

Back