Soap Thickeners - multifunctional additive?

I have read that the Calcium Sulfonate thickener can also behave as a corrosion inhibitor. Can other soaps behave as corrosion inhibitors?

Is the OP just asking a general question or is there a specific application in mind? I ask because a CaS grease is not usually used as a rust inhibitor, A lot of commercial rust inhibitors use CaS gel which is a soft CaS material that is an intermediate to the complexing process. The soft gel texture is usually modified to improve film feel, spreadability and durability. Often wax is used to produce a smooth, dry to the touch film.

Regarding CaS grease, they do have excellent innate rust prevention capabilities. However, you can get the same level of protection using 1-2% of neutral calcium sulfonate or blended sulfonates in other thickeners at a lower cost than a CaS grease. For example, you can get an Emcor 0, 1 or 0, 0 rating from an aluminum complex grease using 1% of a proprietary blend of neutral sulfonates in synthetic or real seawater.

It's a general question. I appreciate you weighing in--i didn't know that. Thanks.
The company I work for manufactures a dry motorcycle chain lubricant based on a CaS gel modified with wax. It's dry to the touch and doesn't attract dust/dirt. The calcite also gives good wear protection. It is also an excellent rust inhibitor that gives long term protection indoors and outdoors.

The company I work for manufactures a dry motorcycle chain lubricant based on a CaS gel modified with wax. It's dry to the touch and doesn't attract dust/dirt. The calcite also gives good wear protection. It is also an excellent rust inhibitor that gives long term protection indoors and outdoors.
How would one go about looking this product up?

Back