So is Blackstone still the best?

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1 on Polaris. Once you fill out the initial unit registration you can do the sample info on-line and just attach a barcode label to the jar.

My experience has been an emailed report within three business days of the sample arrival, tracked by UPS. The CS people respond promptly and handle issues satisfactorily.

Originally Posted By: dnewton3
I like Blacksone, and they are my personal choice, but they are not the only decent lab around; many choices.

This is not a UOA; I'm moving the thread. -MOD

The best thing about Blackstones is they have a great data base of universal averages to compare with. They are also very good at answering questions.

Originally Posted By: skyship
Originally Posted By: dnewton3
I like Blacksone, and they are my personal choice, but they are not the only decent lab around; many choices.

This is not a UOA; I'm moving the thread. -MOD

The best thing about Blackstones is they have a great data base of universal averages to compare with. They are also very good at answering questions.

It is BLACKSTONE there is no "S" on the end of their name. Several people have pointed that out to you already.

It's a free world and if I want to call them Blackstones because it rolls off the tongue better then I will do so. They should change their name, as it sounds better.
One member in a post just before has even written Black Stone! But if he likes the name, good luck to him as I suspect we all know who he means.

Last edited:
It's a free world and if I want to call them Blackstones because it rolls off the tongue better then I will do so.

OK, skyships.
lol.gif

It's a free world and if I want to call them Blackstones because it rolls off the tongue better then I will do so. They should change their name, as it sounds better.
One member in a post just before has even written Black Stone! But if he likes the name, good luck to him as I suspect we all know who he means.

I can call you Jingle Nuts because it sounds better to me, but that isn't your name right? Would you like me calling you Jingle Nuts? Probably not. How about extending the same respect to Blackstone Laboratories.
smirk.gif

Wearcheck gives TBN, TAN, Oxidation, Nitration. Iirc, Polaris uses the more accurate fuel dilution test that the others don't.

Well currently Polaris didn't email me my report and completely ignored it was from a different car and noted "Unit & oil times do not match previous sample". Ya no duh because obviously an oil sample from a car with half the mileage is the same vehicle. They also ignored the oil brand even when I wrote it on the form.

Which I agree is confusing and hard to fill out clearly.

Going back to blackstone even if i is a tad more expensive and not as comprehensive. Albeit for the consumer it is more than sufficient.

Originally Posted By: vinu_neuro
Wearcheck gives TBN, TAN, Oxidation, Nitration. Iirc, Polaris uses the more accurate fuel dilution test that the others don't.

I've been looking at the Wearcheck website. I don't see where it lists UOA for vehicles (single consumers). The closest thing I see it for Truck Fleets. Does Wearcheck still do automobile UAOs?

Originally Posted By: XtraRevsSurely
I've been looking at the Wearcheck website. I don't see where it lists UOA for vehicles (single consumers). The closest thing I see it for Truck Fleets. Does Wearcheck still do automobile UAOs?

http://www.wearcheck.com/request-for-quote-or-information/

or contact:

Tim Vann
WearCheck USA
Senior Sales Representative
Technical Support
Shipping & Receiving Manager
1-800-237-1369
Office 919-379-4102
Direct 919-379-4029
Fax 919-379-4066
Cell 919-524-4608
[email protected]

(source)

Originally Posted By: XtraRevsSurely
Originally Posted By: vinu_neuro

They do the gasser's I send in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back