So...I just watch Godzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who can I blame for the last Superman movie? That was the worst adaptation of the Superman, Jonathan Kent, and Jor-El characters I have ever suffered thru. The writers, directors, and even the actors should spend the rest of their careers making McDonald's documentaries for producing that garbage called a Superman movie.

Everyone that prompted that movie to be made because Superman was not "cool" or "dark" enough to be a billion dollar hit should be placed in neck deep water and have their face dunked for a hour. IMO of course.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
I'd pay $100 to see a movie like Brazil if anyone had the courage to make it today.

GREAT movie. I was thinking about it recently when I'd heard that Bob Hoskins passed.

Originally Posted By: yonyon
Godzilla isn't just a big giant lizard. Godzilla represents and embodies the potential of combining the power of modern technology with the power of nature. Godzilla, destroyer of Tokyo, is the great protector specifically of the Japanese people but also of humanity as a whole.

Godzilla cannot be destroyed by use of firepower less than would be needed to destroy the entire human race. He was created by the effects of the most powerful weapons available at the time. Use of more powerful weapons on him will only make him stronger.

Yea. Right.

This thread made me bring up the subject to a fellow co worker today. He too said it wasn't worth seeing in theatres.. I think the girlfriend and I will just wait for Redbox. We saw Maleficent last week and we both left impressed. Granted we were the only couple without little kids, but it was a good movie nonetheless. We both enjoy Disney movies and movies in general.

Thankfully our theatre of choice is $5.50 per ticket from 4-5:30.. Still pretty $$$ IMO, but it beats $9.50 for sure. I am too cheap for that.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: paulo57509

I read that Godzilla was panned in Japan because the audience thought Godzilla was too fat.
crazy.gif

All part of the plan: Next comes WeightWatchers endorsements from our lizard-friend.

I saw it in 3D Imax and I enjoyed it. But I have always liked Godzilla movies.

Originally Posted By: dave1251
Who can I blame for the last Superman movie? That was the worst adaptation of the Superman, Jonathan Kent, and Jor-El characters I have ever suffered thru. The writers, directors, and even the actors should spend the rest of their careers making McDonald's documentaries for producing that garbage called a Superman movie.

Everyone that prompted that movie to be made because Superman was not "cool" or "dark" enough to be a billion dollar hit should be placed in neck deep water and have their face dunked for a hour. IMO of course.

+1 Terrible movie.

As for Godzilla, it's a movie about giant radio active monsters that destroy cities when they fight. I didn't expect Oscar level acting or plots and actually enjoyed most of the movie. The only thing I found really dumb was transporting the nukes on a slow, pretty much undefended train. That was pretty lame.

Brazil? I watched that back in some college course years ago. Good vid from what I can remember (which isn't much). I'll have to check it out again.

Originally Posted By: Tempest
Brazil? I watched that back in some college course years ago. Good vid from what I can remember (which isn't much). I'll have to check it out again.

Portions of that film are hard to forget!

babyface-e1370928211870-500x294.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back