So I dealt with the M1 12qt. box 1st time...

Did the 4Runner & Lexus...MightyVacced and no filters this round worked fine, wasted an ounce hung the bag to capture the last drippings
what a nice oil 0/40...anyway I'd buy the box again if the price was lower. This was $30.00 A/R for a year of service 7-8k.

no, no pics just picture a drip bag hanging from a coat hanger off a joist....ill also say the 12 qt. valve had worked its way back toward the middle bottom of the box...sort of a PIA to figure out then make the adjustment.

I also just finished using my first 12 quart box of M1 0w40 and had about the same amount left over after the valve stopped flowing. Opening the box to get to the plastic was a bit of chore by hand because of the heavy glue they use. It’s a better deal than the 5 quart jug by a dollar less per quart ($4.41 vs $5.41) if buying at Wal-Mart.

0w-40? Heresy!!
/faking being upset

Well done....that's a good oil, and both vehicles are specified for even thicker oils overseas.

Glad the 12qt worked out for you -

I've used a couple of the $12.48 /12qt boxes of M1 HM 5W20 I scored at Walmart.

I used a spare 5qt jug I kept for the changes and cut the corner of the bag for the drippings. Worked p!ssah.

only on BITOG would drippings of oil be announced in such a manner...
I even save the drippings from qt. bottles, they eventually accumulate into 1/2 quart. I always try to top my cars oil off when it's hits 1/2 quart low so I can use the oil for topping off or for my pump oil cans I use for general lubrication jobs.

Have to admit that I am a used container hoarder, I have at least 20 empty plastic containers in the garage right now. Just waiting for some used up DOT 3, Mercon V, coolant, or 5w-30.

I actually like them alot. Only caveat is that you cant put the used oil back in. Otherwise, its alot less of a hastle. Though I admittedly have alot of experience with Bagged wine over the years.

One good thing I’ve noticed about “oil in a box” is we use the Service Pro 0w40. Never saw any additive fallout. We usually take a razor blade when it’s near empty, put it hanging into empty clean bucket for few hours 😊👍

I've done the Supertech boxes a few times. It's not bad. The problem for me is I like to use the empty 5qt oil jugs for the waste oil. No jugs on hand if you buy boxes of oil.
Just asking, but how do you guys drop off oil for recycling?

Here I take it to the local council recycling centre (dump in the old days), pour the waste oil into a big steel oil collector then you can throw the old (now empty) oil jug into a big skip (bin).

I sometimes keep a few of the strongest old jugs, take them back home now that they are empty, and then use them a second or third time to collect more waste oil.

Here I take it to the local council recycling centre (dump in the old days), pour the waste oil into a big steel oil collector then you can throw the old (now empty) oil jug into a big skip (bin).

I sometimes keep a few of the strongest old jugs, take them back home now that they are empty, and then use them a second or third time to collect more waste oil.
In the US pretty much every autoparts store will take it, you take you jugs in and they dump them in a bulk tank that a company comes and cleans out every so often.

In my region; lots of folks have waste oil burners/heaters. One “scrap metal” friend of mine has a real old diesel Dodge truck. He stops by and takes all the used oil from family and friends vehicles I service. And he takes some waste oil from work from the bucket underneath our oil filter crusher. He uses most in his ancient dodge truck, and rest he filters out and heats his shop with it

Reactions: SR5
I'd happily give my waste oil to someone with a waste oil fired heater, but don't know anyone these days.

I deposit mine in the waste oil drums at work. Once we've got a bunch of full 55gal drums, we give Safety Kleen a call and they come and pump them out for us.

Back