So, are we at the end of time as we know it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Auto-Union
Too many people. I understand the irony of a Gen-X person saying that, but not everyone does.

That's hilarious!
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: mechtech2
The original post is tough to answer without integrating politics and religion.
In the big picture, we are nearing the end of this age.

People have been saying that for quite a while, and they've always been wrong so far.

Nobody ('cept the Mayans, and that's open to debate) has said "next Thursday", it's always "soon"

Quote:
Maybe some fresh Tobasco sauce too.

LOL!!!
LOL.gif

That's right! The world can go to [censored], but as long as we have fresh Tobasco sauce, we'll be fine.

Pablo, I'm with ya; we think a lot alike. Buy on then dips.

...and as Dave Ramsey says: "Live like no one else, so that later, you can live like no one else."

Originally Posted By: MarkC

People have been saying that for quite a while, and they've always been wrong so far.

Hey, pal ...there's always a first time
LOL.gif

we are sliding into a new era.. the govt has too much control and its only getting worse. no relief in sight as far as a good new president aside from Ron Paul which we all know he wont get the nod unfortunately. instead we are flooded with cooporate goons who will line the pockets of the people that got them there and look after THEIR best interests, not the interests of the people that the govt works for.. so [censored] sad

remember, this govt was supposed to be "For the people BY the people"... its no longer like that. greed has slipped in the backdoor and we are gonna pay [censored] for it.. its already happening (iraq war, etc etc) yeah we are in for a ride.

Originally Posted By: tpitcher
Pablo, I'm with ya; we think a lot alike. Buy on then dips.

...and as Dave Ramsey says: "Live like no one else, so that later, you can live like no one else."

I purposely left out the religous part of my life for obvious reasons.......but now that someone has mentioned that nut job Ron Paul, this will get shut down. His publishers are who, and what do they believe??? (Hint: not that different than I'madinnahkacket)

Pick up any History book and read it....or watch the History Channel. You'll feel much less like you are living through anything new.

People worry too much because the news channels and sensationalist writers tell them to. I spend more time worrying about the horrible drivers on the freeway or losing my job than anything else during a typical day. I'm certainly not worried about the big earthquake that is supposed to hit St. Louis and Memphis any time now... or even Terrorism. Statistically, we're all going to die from much more trivial things than what the media would have you to to believe.

Drunk drivers and soccer moms (in urban assault vehicles) kill.

Quote:
its no longer like that. greed has slipped in the backdoor and we are gonna pay [censored] for it.

It was always like that. We were just so wealthy that no one noticed. You used to be able to pull 900-1200 lb of Atlantic Cod out of Booth Bay Harbor (Habah) on a 6 man boat too. Now you can't. Now you notice it. I don't think anything has changed at all in that regard. It's merely the view difference between thinking they're raising the bridge ..when in reality the river's lower.

We're slowing down, no doubt about it, but I doubt it's gonna be the 1930s all over. We now have FDIC, the federal reserve (love em or hate em, they smooth out the roller coaster that is the economy), integrated markets etc. IMO, it's GREAT that the credit markets have tightened up and people are having to pull their heads out of their asses finally (with a loud POP). This will cycle through, it may be painful for the folks who spend their 1000 bucks a week on new boots, 60 foot TVs, leather couches etc., but for people who live by their means and save, things will be fine.

We as a country and an economy needed a swift kick in the [censored] to put us on a better course.

Originally Posted By: MarkC

Yes.

And things are getting worse compared with timeframe? Compared with earlier civilizations we seem tame.

If Yellowstone blows, we're up a brown creek though! Saw on drudge that the caldera/ground is deforming and rising rather dramatically.

I live about oh, what, maybe 500 miles from Yellowstone. On some of the TV shows detailing super-volcanoes, distances of 500 miles would still be in the actual blastpath!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back